briguy27

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
What was the play with Hinske? Gameday just says single on bunt.

Hinske bunts it foul with the shift on and the left side open. And our PATHETIC manager says take the free hit and leaves the shift on, and he gets a free bunt single on the 2nd pitch. All that so you can shift a loser like Erik Hinske. That's maybe the dumbest managerial move I have ever seen.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 12:56 AM)
more details please.

Hinske showed bunt, and didn't do it. Then, the Sox stayed in a shift where Fields was at SS, and Uribe behind 2nd base. Hawk/DJ were going nuts about how Hinske will just lay down a bunt, and then he did with ease down the 3rd base line. Hawk/DJ were saying right away how bad that is, and that we deserve everything that happens this inning. The camera was focused on Ozzie during this rant. And now, Contreras has given up at least 5 runs for seemingly his 20th start in a row.

Hinske bunts it foul with the shift on and the left side open. And our PATHETIC manager says take the free hit and leaves the shift on, and he gets a free bunt single on the 2nd pitch. All that so you can shift a loser like Erik Hinske. That's maybe the dumbest managerial move I have ever seen.

That's pretty bad.

Would Crede have made the play?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
Between this game and that Royals game a few weeks back, we've really hurt any chance we had to free up 20 million for the worst pitcher in baseball, in terms of losses, since the ASB last year.

As weak as the market is for pitching to trade for, I still think we can unload Jose on someone. We may not get much, but who cares. Just get him outta here.

Between this game and that Royals game a few weeks back, we've really hurt any chance we had to free up 20 million for the worst pitcher in baseball, in terms of losses, since the ASB last year.

Do the number of losses a pitcher has really matter when he on a crap team? Contreras isn't helping his own causes, but if Hawk Harrelson is ripping your managerial decisions, it says a lot on what has been going on since ASB 2006.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 01:02 AM)
As weak as the market is for pitching to trade for, I still think we can unload Jose on someone. We may not get much, but who cares. Just get him outta here.

I wish we weren't hearing quotes from teams in the market for starting pitchers like "there's nothing out there that's an improvement".

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
I wish we weren't hearing quotes from teams in the market for starting pitchers like "there's nothing out there that's an improvement".

I think/hope teams get desperate around the 31st. Like El Duque telling Minaya to go after Jose.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)

7/14/06 - 7/15/07:

9-20, 5.35 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 5.6 K/9

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)

One problem is our manager doesn't care about trade value for his starting pitchers. Who knows, perhaps if the bullpen was stronger he'd be willing to remove Contreras earlier. But since such a scenario doesn't exist, all Guillen can do is leave out Contreras to pitch, eat innings, and ultimately limit the amount of relievers used before Jenks.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
7/14/06 - 7/15/07:

9-20, 5.35 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 5.6 K/9

Jesus Christ, thats absolutely ridiculous for that contract he has. Great job on that one KW.

The scouts at this game aren't going to be ripping Count. He hasn't pitched a bad game at all, if not for his dumbass manager, this could be a different story to say the least. He's he decent stuff in these 6 innings too.

And NOW the shift isn't on, and hey the great Hinske makes an out!! Too late Ozzie. Dumbass.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
Jesus Christ, thats absolutely ridiculous for that contract he has. Great job on that one KW.

Maybe he should stand in front of the dugout, say he takes the blame for the contract......and then do absolutely nothing.