But there was another man in that group of visitors who had even brought his

wife with him to visit the wounded who knew exactly what to do. This man

reverently took the soldiers stump of a hand in both of his hands, bowed at

the bedside and prayed for him. When he finished the prayer he stood up,

bent over the soldier and kissed him on the head and told him that he loved

him.

What a powerful expression of love for one of our wounded heroes! What kind

of a man would kneel in such humility and submission? It was the wounded

man's Commander-in-Chief, George W. Bush; a true leader.

This story was told by the SMA at a Soldiers Breakfast held at Red Arsenal,

AL, and recorded by Chaplain James Henderson, stationed there. Pass it on...the

press won't.

:usa

A kid in our neighborhood [25 years old] died over there recently. I was planning on going to the memorial for him, but I passed and it was filled with duffed up militaristic guys discussing how it was "Un-American to protest" and "Un-American to question Bush". So I went back home. The kid was in the military to uphold the Constitution and here these people are pissing all over it.

It's sad that there have been over 200 deaths already in this and we, according to Donald Rumsfeld, are going to be there for "some time".

Now, what were they fighting for? There has been no tangible, sustainable TRUE reason that we are fighting over there.

A kid in our neighborhood [25 years old] died over there recently.  I was planning on going to the memorial for him, but I passed and it was filled with duffed up militaristic guys discussing how it was "Un-American to protest" and "Un-American to question Bush".  So I went back home.  The kid was in the military to uphold the Constitution and here these people are pissing all over it.

It's sad that there have been over 200 deaths already in this and we, according to Donald Rumsfeld, are going to be there for "some time".

Now, what were they fighting for?  There has been no tangible, sustainable TRUE reason that we are fighting over there.

They were expressing their constitutional given right to freedom of speech. Just like you do here. I guess if they disagree with with you then they are pissing on the Constitution.

A kid in our neighborhood [25 years old] died over there recently.  I was planning on going to the memorial for him, but I passed and it was filled with duffed up militaristic guys discussing how it was "Un-American to protest" and "Un-American to question Bush".  So I went back home.  The kid was in the military to uphold the Constitution and here these people are pissing all over it.

Now, what were they fighting for?  There has been no tangible, sustainable TRUE reason that we are fighting over there.

They were expressing their constitutional given right to freedom of speech. Just like you do here. I guess if they disagree with with you then they are pissing on the Constitution.

Well DUH!!!!!

Go YAS :headbang

I never said that they COULDN'T say that. I just found it quite ironic that they were saying it.

I never said that they COULDN'T say that. I just found it quite ironic that they were saying it.

But...You did say they were pissing on the Constitution.

But...You did say they were pissing on the Constitution.

There is a Constitutional right to redress the government with grievances. Declaring that doing that is wrong is, essentially, pissing on the Constitution.

It's not that they were disagreeing with ME, but disagreeing with the text in the Constitution. The irony that they did this at the memorial of a soldier who took the oath: "I, [name here], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same." It was also ironic because some of them were veterans as well, so they did violate their own oath. That is what I was commenting about.

shhh don't mess with a good story. Did you hear how Hillary shut down Harvard and defended cop killers? . . .  ;)

Meh, I just like this site. It is a great read for all kinds of urban legend. Most of the time when people send my those kind of emails, this is the first place I go to check out the legitimacy of it.

At Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington DC recently the sergeant Major

of the Army, Jack Tilley, was with a group of people visiting the wounded

soldiers.

He saw a Special Forces soldier who had lost his right hand and suffered

severe wounds of his face and side of his body. The SMA wanted to honor him

and show him respect without offending, but what can you say or do in such a

situation that will encourage and uplift? How do you shake the right hand of

a soldier who has none? He decided to act as though the hand was not missing

and gripped the soldier's wrist while speaking words of comfort and

encouragement to him.

But there was another man in that group of visitors who had even brought his

wife with him to visit the wounded who knew exactly what to do. This man

reverently took the soldiers stump of a hand in both of his hands, bowed at

the bedside and prayed for him. When he finished the prayer he stood up,

bent over the soldier and kissed him on the head and told him that he loved

him.

What a powerful expression of love for one of our wounded heroes! What kind

of a man would kneel in such humility and submission? It was the wounded

man's Commander-in-Chief, George W. Bush; a true leader.

This story was told by the SMA at a Soldiers Breakfast held at Red Arsenal,

AL, and recorded by Chaplain James Henderson, stationed there. Pass it on...the

press won't.

:usa

thius has bulls*** urban legend written all over it,

made up, fabricated, trash making the rounds via email

the reason the press didn't report it, knee jerk spasmodic right wing loonies, is that it never happened.

Meh, I just like this site.  It is a great read for all kinds of urban legend.  Most of the time when people send my those kind of emails, this is the first place I go to check out the legitimacy of it.

I'm trying to remember one that was true . . .