What kind of laptop do you use/own?

sox4lifeinPA

I'm looking to purchase something in the 2.0ghz processor, 2gig RAM, 128(or 256) MB Video card, 50 gig HD, and wireless (with bluetooth if at all possible) range. Anywhere from 500 to 1k bucks (if you look in the right places)

Dell has refurbs that I'd be interested in trying. 30 returns plus many of them have warranties that still are good.

Does anyone have a Dell Latitude D800? D610? or Inspiron 5150?

Would you recommend anything else?

:bringit

Have a Toshiba A135-S4427. Intel Core Duo Processor T2250 1.73GHz, 1 GB RAM (Expandable to 4 gig. I plan on adding a gig or 2 soon), would have to buy adapter or card if wanted bluetooth & bottom end graphics (not a gamer so not much of an issue for me). Haven't had many problems with it and would recommend to anyone if specs suit their needs. Bought mine for $750 4+ months ago. Can get one now for $600-700. Got a laugh when doing a search saw that HSN was selling this laptop for $1,050--when this model first came out it was only supposed to sell for $900 IIRC.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 12:12 AM)
I have an IBM thats got 2 gigs of ram and I think a 1.6 Ghz mobile processor (not exactly sure on that) as Its my work laptop (but it works awesome, good batter life, nice screen).

i have a 2 yr sony vaio, but from one who works in the computer field, buy the extended warranty. b/c a monitor replacement is in the neighborhood of 800+ and the motherboard goes in the range of 400+.

it doesn't take much for the input plug for the adapter breaks off.

ref to antivirus..... go avast or avg b/c they are better than the norton and it is free.