As if Rowand Lee and Ordonez in the All-star game wasnt bad enough

I'm sick of this All-Star OF crap. Lee was traded in a deal that I don't think we win the WS without, Maggs wouldn't resign, and Rowand isn't a good hitter despite his fluke numbers.

As for Harris, this is proof that Atlanta has the best coaching in the game. Watch him find another team and start sucking again because he isn't good.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 02:45 AM)
I'm sick of this All-Star OF crap. Lee was traded in a deal that I don't think we win the WS without, Maggs wouldn't resign, and Rowand isn't a good hitter despite his fluke numbers.

As for Harris, this is proof that Atlanta has the best coaching in the game. Watch him find another team and start sucking again because he isn't good.

I agree with every word in this post except the fact that dan doesn't think the Sox win the WS without the Lee trade; point blank, they don't win it without trading him. The Sox got bad value for Lee, but without the $6 mill that trading him freed up, the Sox aren't able to get Iguchi, Pierzynski, and Duque. Overused as that last phrase may be, it still holds all the ground in the world, and there is absolutely no chance the Sox win the World Series without those 3.

I always had faith in willie, but there comes a time when you have to give up on someone. I'm sure BA will be excellent in a few years as well, for some other team.

Rowand is a good hitter. Not great, but good. I misread that the first time. His numbers aren't "fluke". When you do it twice, in a short career, its not a fluke.

Edited by max power

Geez lighten up guys. My post was not a commentary on the departures of those players. Its more of a Murphy's law thing. I've been around too long and seen too many bad Sox teams to cry over spilled milk. I 'll take the World Series win anytime.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE(max power @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)
Don't tell me to lighten up. My team licks donkey testicle.

And OMG your world will end because of it.

Man some people are just wound way too tight for something that's supposed to be ENTERTAINMENT.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 09:31 AM)
I've been on the Harris for 2008 starting 2b on the Sox bandwagon for a while now.

if Willie keeps this up, the Braves would have no reason to move him, and Willie is playing for his hometown Braves...

Also, one small change to Willie's stance by their hitting coach, and now Willie is unbelievable... makes you think, what the f*** has Greg Walker been doing?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 10:25 AM)
Pretty much 99% of this board HATED Willie Harris while he was here, and wanted him gone. Maybe this is a case of a guy figuring it out later in his career, but pining for him after hating him so much is just funny.

f***in' haters.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 10:25 AM)
Pretty much 99% of this board HATED Willie Harris while he was here, and wanted him gone. Maybe this is a case of a guy figuring it out later in his career, but pining for him after hating him so much is just funny.

If I was on this board, I would have been part of the 99%...

I always liked Willie Harris. Couldn't understand why we didn't keep him with the Sox. I think Maggs would have signed here, but we didn't want to give him the kind of money Detroit was willing to give because of the knee injury and the fear of spending too much in payroll. Pods helped us win the World Series and I am not sure Lee could have brought the spark that Pods did, however, Carlos Lee is one real good player. Thome for Rowand and Gio brought us a real good player and great guy, but if we could get Rowand back I'd love it. We got that World Series andf the other didn't, but those players we lost are all top notch.When you struggle like we are this year it just makes you wonder what if.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
I always liked Willie Harris. Couldn't understand why we didn't keep him with the Sox. I think Maggs would have signed here, but we didn't want to give him the kind of money Detroit was willing to give because of the knee injury and the fear of spending too much in payroll. Pods helped us win the World Series and I am not sure Lee could have brought the spark that Pods did, however, Carlos Lee is one real good player. Thome for Rowand and Gio brought us a real good player and great guy, but if we could get Rowand back I'd love it. We got that World Series andf the other didn't, but those players we lost are all top notch.When you struggle like we are this year it just makes you wonder what if.

We didnt keep Willie Harris, because he was bad. He was so bad, we signed a Japanese 2nd baseman, that they reviewed only tape on instead of making him the 2nd baseman.

The only thing that Pods did in 05, was help keep the offense's head above water when Dye and Konerko decided to take a nap for the first two months. Congrats for that, and the walkoff. He sucks/is injured all the time now, and needs to go.

Rowand sucked, everyone magically forgets when he hit .245, and 235 for the last two months of the season, and didnt hit at all in the playoffs. But because he dove and caught a few balls in Yankee Stadium, he will be forever enshrined in the whitesox HOF. They must of missed the number of times in September, when he broke the wrong way and almost blew a bunch of games when he would make mental errors in the field and miss catchable balls.

Marte for those thinking that. Here is a guy who quit on his team in the middle of a playoff run, didnt disclose injury, and basically couldnt throw to lefties since he broke Chavez's hand. He pitches great when the heat isnt up, which is why he is so good for the pirates. Put that tin can on a contending team, and he will unravel again.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 11:36 AM)
We didnt keep Willie Harris, because he was bad. He was so bad, we signed a Japanese 2nd baseman, that they reviewed only tape on instead of making him the 2nd baseman.

The only thing that Pods did in 05, was help keep the offense's head above water when Dye and Konerko decided to take a nap for the first two months. Congrats for that, and the walkoff. He sucks/is injured all the time now, and needs to go.

Rowand sucked, everyone magically forgets when he hit .245, and 235 for the last two months of the season, and didnt hit at all in the playoffs. But because he dove and caught a few balls in Yankee Stadium, he will be forever enshrined in the whitesox HOF. They must of missed the number of times in September, when he broke the wrong way and almost blew a bunch of games when he would make mental errors in the field and miss catchable balls.

Marte for those thinking that. Here is a guy who quit on his team in the middle of a playoff run, didnt disclose injury, and basically couldnt throw to lefties since he broke Chavez's hand. He pitches great when the heat isnt up, which is why he is so good for the pirates. Put that tin can on a contending team, and he will unravel again.

Marte was pretty dominant before Ozzie came around. I think he's a quiet guy who like playing either in a pressure-free environment like Pittsburgh, or for a calm guy like Manuel. Its easy to criticize getting rid of Harris, but like you said he was bad. People forget he hit .156 for Boston last season and they let him go. Good for him making it back, but even if the Sox had kept him, if he played in Chicago in 2006 like he did in Boston, he would have been crucified. I don't understand a lot of the Iguchi hate. The guy hit one of the biggest home runs is Sox history, and has been pretty solid most of the time he's been here. His finger was really bothering him earlier, or his numbers probably would have been similar to the 2 past seasons.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)

I was always a willie harris fan, infact I loved the 04 team when him and Uribe were leading off for that period of time Valentin was hurt. That was also before Thomas and Magglio went down.... that was a helluva lineup that season at that point.