White Sox vs. Red Sox, 7/22/07 (L)

bjm676

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
For some reason, I'm going to the afternoon game Tuesday and if I have to watch Floyd give up bombs, I'll be peeved. Even though I am first row behind the Sox bullpen. Maybe get a souvenier.

Does Floyd have options?

Floyd could not have started this season in the minor leagues for the Sox without passing through waivers if he had no options left. When a player has options remaining for a year, he can be sent up and down as many times as the team wants during that year without clearing waivers.

I don't know if Gavin has any options left for next year though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Truly underwhelming performance of GBA, which I'm sick of at baseball games.

I was THINKING THE SAME THING. When did they start with this GBA thing? I can't remember when it started but I do remember thinking "Didn't we already sing the national anthem? Why the two-fer?"

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 01:46 PM)
I was THINKING THE SAME THING. When did they start with this GBA thing? I can't remember when it started but I do remember thinking "Didn't we already sing the national anthem? Why the two-fer?"

Mid to late September, 2001. Now no one wants to stop it and be the one who's unpatriotic on national TV.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 02:40 PM)
Truly underwhelming performance of GBA, which I'm sick of at baseball games.
Yeah, kinda overdoing it. They could just do it on a couple of dates, Memorial Day, Flag Day, the 4th, and on 9/11.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
I would say it's about 90-10 in favor of Floyd. Tough test for him in Detroit....

Floyd is due up in Charlotte's rotation tomorrow. We'll find out tonight or tomorrow.