It's Official: We Are Now Tied for Last Place in the Central

LVSoxFan

Really, when you think about it, we fielded a last place team on Sunday.

Look at the lineup.

Owens, gee nice of you to once again not get a big hit when it was 3-1 and runner

on second and two outs and you weakly fouled off about 10 pitches before

feebly popping out. You and your three RBIs have really been productive.

What a stiff that guy is.

Cintron ... decent backup. Terrible regular.

Thome, Konerko, AJ: Go 1-12 combined. We always lose when they don't

hit as a group and more often than not THIS SEASON they don't.

Dye: Off season.

Mack: Good sub. Lousy regular.

Fields: Bad baserunning error angered the Hawk today. He has potential

obviously.

Uribe: Three hits today and we still lose. We need to go in another direction at

short.

Jon: Stunk today. Has had a good season as have all our starters except

the Count.

Bullpen: So bad it's laughable. It's a last place bullpen.

We stink. We are worthy of the cellar. So slow on the basepaths, incapable

of bunting.

Bad bad team.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 04:47 PM)
And our draft slot keeps improving.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
That means absof***inglutley nothing.

God, I am so sick of people mentioning the draft position in the MLB Draft

Yeah, but a top 5 pick is exactly what many people have been hoping on for years...

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
Ozzie now feels (as of Saturday that is) that we are out of it. There is no chance for this team to make a run at it. It is all pride from now on. I hope that we don't have to settle for just concentrating on the race between the Royals and Sox to stay out of the basement.

Hey Ozzie, welcone to yesterday, or in the case of the 2007 Sox about June 1. We've sucked for awhile.

Bob

QUOTE(BaseballNick @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
Way to find the bright side. Hopefully there aren't many Boras clients atop the draft class because we're on the fast track to our first top 10 pick in about a decade.

I can't wait for some of our youngsters to get here. Losing sucks, but losing with some of our young talent would be easier to watch. I especially want to see Richar, Sweeney, Russell and Gio out there (although I doubt KW would call up Gio so soon).

At least it's one less excuse for the alleged minor league experts around here to bring up about why the farm system sucks. Like draft slot affected Oakland, Minny, and Atlanta. They've had bad draft slots and there farm systems are a ton more productive then losers like Pittsburgh and all the top 10 picks they have.

Bob

at this point, i hope we lose from here on out. i want that top 3 or top 5 draft pick. I want a sure fire prospect that has actual substance opposed to simple hype which we, as sox fans, have become accustomed to. today, i was royally pissed off watching manny ramirez pose after he hit that bomb in the 1st. i threw my stress ball at the tv hoping that he would get pegged in his next at bat. it was in that moment that i realized i needed to get out of the house and go on a bike ride along the lakeshore. these white sox lack enthusiasm and seem like they just want to get through the game to get to their favorite steakhouse. i'll still continue to watch them only to see how our young knuckleballer progresses as well as to see how low Buehrle's ERA can go. other than that, i just wish the BEARS and BULLS seasons would start soon so we can see what actual contenders look like.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
From World Champions in 2005 to last place in 2007, this terrible.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yeah, and who did the Sox beat? The Astros who have an even worse record. But I understand your point totally. I remember the thinking of many, myself included, who thought the Sox were going to be good for years to come following the World Series.

At this point, I hope too for a lousy finish and a good high draft pick. Although, I'll continue to follow games and hope each day for a win, I just don't expect it to happen all that often.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
I got flamed pretty good in the off season when I started comparing the Sox to the Marlins. I wish I knew how to find wtf I actually wrote but every time I try the search engine is off. And even if it wasnt I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I love the Sox and don't hate any players because not everyone can be a star. However that being said its time for KW to pull the switch on some huge trades. I have no doubt we'll see some major changes. High salaried players and oft injured players will depart and we should get some athletic youth near major league ready.

It would be a shame to see anyone on the starting staff go besides Contreras and it sures seems like Dye will be gone too. Doubt those 2 will bring as much talent as we need so others will also be gone. I wouldn't be shocked if even Konerko, Buerhle or AJ is traded. Kenny can't half ass it like he did in the off season. Promises were made by Sox management to keep improving the team if the turnstiles kept turning then they reneged when they professed shock over the rising costs of free agents. Thats when I think I knew we were in trouble. Very rarely can you compete when you go cheap and rid yourself of talented players.

Kenny caught lightning in a bottle with the moves he made to bring us a title. Every move he made seemed to pan out well. As many have stated before me I'll be forever thankful for 2005. But its time for follow the Marlin blueprint and see if we can get back to the playoffs in 3-5 years. I know that seems like a lifetime to some of our youthful posters. Many of our forefathers lived n died rooting for hapless White Sox teams. It isn't that long when you keep it in perspective. So Kenny pull the trigger and do it right . There's a lot of holes to fill.

Use google.

"soxtalk" and CaliSoxFanViaSWside should bring you up quite a few hits.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 06:26 PM)
I got flamed pretty good in the off season when I started comparing the Sox to the Marlins. I wish I knew how to find wtf I actually wrote but every time I try the search engine is off...

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
Use google.

"soxtalk" and CaliSoxFanViaSWside should bring you up quite a few hits.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t&p=1342753

Some disagreement, but I wouldn't say you were "flamed".

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 22, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
Wow. When was the last time we were in last place? I cannot even remember.

Not since the '90's began so my guess would be '88 or '89. Ugh,.. ugly memories from that time. :ph34r:

Why is everyone so worried about bringing up AA players "too soon" and "ruining" them? Even Ozzie said that. How is bringing a youngster up in September to face major leaguers any different than them facing major leaguers in spring training? Do people thing that if the prospect fails they are going to drink poison (samari style)?

If these guys came up and kicked butt, then that would answer alot of questions sooner than later. If they got rocked, then we know they aren't ready for MLB.

Look at Danks, he pitched in just 2 major league games before becoming one of our starters. He has gotten his butt kicked. But he's fine.

Someone please explain this theory to me.

I saw that this morning, too, about bringing guys up, and thought the same thing you did.

Why not? The season's gone, pressure's off--now would be the time one would think.

And others here share my sentiment that I'd rather watch young guys lose with heart rather than this tired, veteran corpseball team lay down and die every game pretty much.

Josh Fields was taking some stick from the Squawk yesterday on-air for his baserunning gaffe but hell, he's been one of the few bright spots this season. And he has some pretty damn big shoes to fill at third. He doesn't seem "damaged."

I wonder if the real reason that we don't bring up our young guys is that maybe KW sees them as the only trade chips we have at this point. Unless you think clubs are going to trip over themselves to get creaky Dye, mental marshmallow Uribe or our very own Prior & Wood: Pods & Erstadt. Oh, and gee: let's hope Grandpa Contreras doesn't get shelled--again--next outing so we can find some club so desperate they would actually sign him.

Hmm. Who else do we have? Gooch, although I'd hold on to him. So that leaves us with...

//crickets