Drew Carey to host The Price is Right

greasywheels121

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
No matter what, Carey is doomed to fail. I think he will be fine, but he is going to be compared to the incomparable Bob Barker in a job that has only had one employee: Bob Barker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Price_is_Right

Wrong-o.

The Price Is Right (1956-1965), the original version hosted by Bill Cullen.

The Price Is Right (1972-1980), Dennis James hosted a nighttime version from 1972 to 1977

The Price Is Right (1985-1986), the short lived nighttime version hosted by Tom Kennedy.

The New Price Is Right (1994-1995), the short lived nighttime version hosted by Doug Davidson.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
Barker gave TPIR it's mystique! The show won't work anymore, no matter who hosts.

holy crap, i was way off. Ok, Im with Brian now, Barker gave TPIR its mystique

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
holy crap, i was way off. Ok, Im with Brian now, Barker gave TPIR its mystique

Bout time you came around. :D

Seriously though, people went to the show and watched it for Barker. Of course people wanted to win, but do you think the old folks who go to the show care about Drew Carey?

I love TPIR. I used to watch it with my grandma all the time. I would rather have seen Wink Martindale or Chuck Woolery.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 11:05 PM)
There is an episode of Press Your Luck where this math whiz comes on and can't lose. He actually figured out the timing/pattern for whammies. It was posted on the internet somewhere at one time, but I have no recollection where.

I'm guessing youtube.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
I love game show network, btw.

Me too! I just got the channel for the 1st time last year, and I love "Chain Reaction" and old re-runs of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 11:28 PM)
Me too! I just got the channel for the 1st time last year, and I love "Chain Reaction" and old re-runs of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"

Lingo is the game. Shandi rules!

Price Is Right is now destined for the same future as Family Feud. Replacement host after replacement host. Attempting to tweak it time after time to try and find a way to recapture its success. But all along, it was all because of one guy that made it what it was.

Ray Combs was a decent replacement for Dawson, but the show was just never the same.