Help...

Steff

Jim's birthday soon..

I was going to get him a BBQ cooking class as the Weber Grill (pretty cool as you get to cook everything.. then when it's done eat and drink!) But,... they are sold out.

I was able to get him some signed stuff from Phil at the Open, but that's not enough. Any ideas guys? He's a huge golf fan, but already golfs every Sunday. The BBq thing would have been cool since we just got the deck done and he took THREE weeks picking out the perfect grill to buy - LOL.

Looking for something out of the norm... :huh:

Whoa! I could get in real trouble here... so I'll just keep my mouth shut.  :D

Ugh!! C'mon Yas.. You and Jim probaly have similar likes. What would you want??

And keep it clean!! It's a family party we're havin that I'll have to give him this gift at.. LOL

What's the price range?

A friend on mine just received the BOSE stereo for his birthday. This guy hates everything, said it's the coolest gift he has ever received.

Dave Pelz Golf Schools http://pelzgolf.com/ comes through Chicago pretty regularly. Excellent short game instruction. Took my handicap from 10 to 6 in about four weeks.

I believe one of the pros at Cog Hill is a Top 50 PGA teaching pro in the country.

There are several golf training devices that are good. Weighted clubs to build up the golf muscles.

If you need some more help let me know

Ugh!! C'mon Yas.. You and Jim probaly have similar likes. What would you want??

And keep it clean!! It's a family party we're havin that I'll have to give him this gift at.. LOL

Well Darlin', if I have to keep it clean, I'm clueless. Unless, you just want to give him some time for himself and get out of town for a weekend. :lol:

What's the price range?

A friend on mine just received the BOSE stereo for his birthday. This guy hates everything, said it's the coolest gift he has ever received.

Dave Pelz Golf Schools http://pelzgolf.com/ comes through Chicago pretty regularly. Excellent short game instruction. Took my handicap from 10 to 6 in about four weeks.

I believe one of the pros at Cog Hill is a Top 50 PGA teaching pro in the country.

There are several golf training devices that are good. Weighted clubs to build up the golf muscles.

Price, no object. The Bose is a great idea.. but we just furnished the house so we're covered there. I recommend it to anyone looking for a system though ;)

The golf thing does sound good.. He's got HUGE club speed and can drive near 300 yards.. but the short game could use some help. And it's advantageous to me to help him out there since I want his ass on the tour soon so I can quit work.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great ideas Tex!!

What's the price range?

Price, no object. The Bose is a great idea.. but we just furnished the house so we're covered there. I recommend it to anyone looking for a system though ;)

The golf thing does sound good.. He's got HUGE club speed and can drive near 300 yards.. but the short game could use some help. And it's advantageous to me to help him out there since I want his ass on the tour soon so I can quit work.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great ideas Tex!!

If price truly is no object, an indoor putting surface is way cool. These aren't just foam rubber fake things., The good ones act just like a real green, with good contours, and build in the floor holes.

http://www.dreamgreen.com/

http://www.stevelaporte.com

Or fr those long Chicago winters how about an golf simulator?

http://www.holidaygolf.biz/

I found it much simpler to just move to Texas. I still enjoy 4 seasons, now they are Spring, Summer, Bake, and Broil. :D

OK, I lied. $22K is a bit out of the price range :-)

I can spend money ;)

Did you look at those greens? I believe they are much less.

How about a new cell phone with camera, pda, etc.?

I can spend money  ;)

Did you look at those greens? I believe they are much less.

How about a new cell phone with camera, pda, etc.?

I think I am going with a indoor green.

Cell phones are work provided.

I got him the signed stuff from Phil so I have a gift to give him if the second thing is a week or so late.

Great ideas!! Thanks!

So what did you wind up doing?

Going today to look at 2 different indoor greens. One is just over $200 and the other is a bit under $400. The second one has inserts to change the breaks and 3 different spots for the cup. Also is bigger (6X9 versus 7X12).

Going today to look at 2 different indoor greens. One is just over $200 and the other is a bit under $400. The second one has inserts to change the breaks and 3 different spots for the cup. Also is bigger (6X9 versus 7X12).

The ability to change the breaks is a great feature. I'm sure he is going to really like it come next April when his putting is lights out.

If you want to add one more item a small book See it and Sink It by I beilieve Farnsworth is excellent. A buddy of mine who plays professionally credits it for turning around his putting. Helps explain why he may not be reading the greens accuratly and what to do about it.