Espn Radio reports Alomar is traded to Sox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gets squeezed out? Harris or Rowand? What about the lineup?

I think i'd go

Harris

Alomar

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

If harris struggles, go

Alomar

Valentin/Graff vs lefties

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

Harris

Possibly swap Harris and Rowand depending on who's playing well.

Even though I would hate to see it, Gammons also reported that the Yanks also wanted Cotts and we were tring to get Weaver.  I'm with you this is one trade I don't want to see.

Just because someone wants Cotts, doesn't mean they will get him. The Alomar deal could have been a matter of trading an extra player (Almonte) along with a substitute for the original player they asked for (Ring). A we'll give you this guy AND another guy instead of THAT guy kind of thing.

Well Roberto is in NY right now...my guess is he doesn't play until tomorrow

It depends we have 5 and half hours till game time he can get on a plane in 2 to 3 hours and still get to Chicago bye 8:00Eastern. I know this probaly won't happen but you never know.

I think i'd go

Harris

Alomar

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

If harris struggles, go

Alomar

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

Harris

Somebody not only has to get squeezed out of the lineup, but also out of the roster. Somebody has to be released, traded or sent to AAA. No 40-man implications since Almonte was on it. We may have even been one short anyway.

The other thing that just hit me is how much stronger our bench just got as Harris becomes now our superutility man and first man off of the bench. We also now have speed coming off of the bench to pinch run.

So what should be done to our roster? Release Rios? Send down Jimenez, Rowand, or Harris?

I think i'd go

Harris

Alomar

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

If harris struggles, go

Alomar

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

Harris

I think right now the person who gets squeezed is Daubach not Rowand. You can't take Rowand's bat out of the lineup. Plus putting him in LF, Harris in CF, and Lee at DH improves our defense even more.

The other thing that just hit me is how much stronger our bench just got as Harris becomes now our superutility man and first man off of the bench.  We also now have speed coming off of the bench to pinch run.

So what should be done to our roster?  Release Rios?  Send down Jimenez, Rowand, or Harris?

Release Rios, he is worthless right now.

I think i'd go

Harris

Alomar

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

If harris struggles, go

Alomar

Thomas

Maggs

Daubach

Lee

Valentin

Crede

Olivo

Harris

I think right now the person who gets squeezed is Daubach not Rowand. You can't take Rowand's bat out of the lineup. Plus putting him in LF, Harris in CF, and Lee at DH improves our defense even more.

Daubach has been tearing it up also... i don't see how you take that lefty power out of the lineup. Who do you have more confidence in over the long run...Brian or Aaron? I think this Rowand burst is just lightning in a bottle

I think the trade is stupid. Ring is much too good of a prospect for a guy who will be lucky to get 25 hits between now and 9-30-03. Just what I was afraid of. They out-negoiated KW. First they ask for Cotts, knowing we won't give in, so they come down to Ring and KW jumps on it like a tall dog. Because he is now united with his big brother. Who cares? Now we have Jiminez sitting on the bench b****ing. Why didn't we trade him for Alomar. That would make some sense. I hope Ring has a big time career with the Mets. Outsmarted by the Mets. Unbelievable.

Its not going to be a pitcher.  It would leave us with only 10 pitchers.

True, but the thing is, they NEVER use him. Ideally you wouldn't want to. But Glover will be gone for someone like Ginter soon. They need someone to eat up more innings.