White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/25/07 (L)

vandy125

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
I don't expect any trades to happen with the Braves. Schuerholz doesn't like KW-type GMs and besides, he's too responsible to deal away any significant prospects for a rental like Dye that he'd be an idiot to extend.

Scheurholtz likes to work with people that have talented players he thinks can help him win. Thats who he likes to work with.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
Preach on SSI....he should be embarassed by that mammoth homer he just allowed.

To lefties he is over the top, and to the righties he is a sidearmer. If he can throw over the top to lefties, he can do it to righties. If he wants to on 2 strikes, throw a sweeper, go for it. But changing your motion depending on the hand someone was born with, is silly.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
Screw the sox for allowing Contreras to throw sidearm without forcing him to throw up.

This side arm crap cant leave quick enough.

Did you see him throw that overhand fork to Inge? Got me excited then he went back to drop-down.

Scheurholtz likes to work with people that have talented players he thinks can help him win. Thats who he likes to work with.

Billy Beane is among that genre of general managers I prefer to deal with -- those who are straightforward. Terry Ryan of the Twins, Jim Hendry of the Cubs, Walt Jocketty of the Card, John Hart of Texas, to name a few. I like guys who get right to it, value for value. When we open talks on a deal, we've all done our homework, we all know what we want, and we know what is a fair exchange. I don't enjoy dealing with some of the others who throw out a first proposal that is a senseless negotiating ploy. A waste of your time. Or you're trying to get a certain player from a team and they ask for five of your best prospects when they know two would be equitable. You shake your head, quickly end the conversation and don't look for the next.

And then when Schuerholz talks about his team's budget, hesitance to deal good prospects for rental players he won't sign, and the fact that since the Griffey rumors came up they've made it clear they aren't really looking for OF help, it's clear that Dye isn't going back to Atlanta and Escobar isn't coming here. Sorry.

There's a reason they'd rather give us Renteria than Escobar for Garland.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

If Contreras doesnt get traded, then we need to give him an ultimatium. Jose, are you hurt. He will say no. Then tell him to throw over the top like he used to. When he hems and haws, tell him that in his next start, if he drops down and pitches sidearm we will put him on the DL and shut him down for a few weeks. That might motivate him enough, to get him throwing over the top again.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
If Contreras doesnt get traded, then we need to give him an ultimatium. Jose, are you hurt. He will say no. Then tell him to throw over the top like he used to. When he hems and haws, tell him that in his next start, if he drops down and pitches sidearm we will put him on the DL and shut him down for a few weeks. That might motivate him enough, to get him throwing over the top again.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

and the strange power surge at home/power outage on the road continues for our excellent young thirdbaseman.

but i'll take it.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
5-2 Good Guys

Take that Kenny "TAR" Rogers. Cheaters never win!

Except for Game Two of the 2006 World Series, a few playoff games and a lot of regular season games before that. ;)

I love Josh Fields.

Rogers is pitching a BAD game, no doubt. he should of walked fields to get to Podsednik who is basically an automatic out against rogers since kenny eats up lefthanded hitting compared to the righties. Rogers is too old for baseball. He should be playing golf.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
9 runners have reached, 9 batters retired. Contreras is so finished. No one is going to want him.

Keep insulting him...maybe he'll pitch better.

He did just get Infante to ground into a double play.

Edited by CanOfCorn