White Sox vs. Tigers, 7/25/07 (L)

vandy125

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 02:24 AM)
No, we don't. If management can't figure out we're out of it right now, then they don't deserve any more hints.

After Jose's last start in Boston, I will never underestimate the stupidity of some of the people in this organization. BTW, the Phillies just had an awesome play to tie the game in the 9th.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
After Jose's last start in Boston, I will never underestimate the stupidity of some of the people in this organization. BTW, the Phillies just had an awesome play to tie the game in the 9th.

Jimmy with an... err... in the parker?

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
I was about to post the same thing. Hawk is such an idiot and proves it more every game. His novelty act has worn off. Time for him to go.

This new, full hillbilly mode has to stop. It was bad enough a few years back, that any fly ball is worth of a stretch. But now the fog horn leghorn routine is too much. He is Santo/Harry Carry with legs, and less drinking.

I says, I says DJ. Have you seen another team go through so much bad luck. I remember this game back in "INSERT YEAR HERE", and it was against "INSERT TEAM HERE" and "Al Kaline, or INSERT BOSOX PLAYER HERE" was facing "Catfish hunter". It was amazing. This is the best team I have ever seen, to play so bad.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:28 PM)
This new, full hillbilly mode has to stop. It was bad enough a few years back, that any fly ball is worth of a stretch. But now the fog horn leghorn routine is too much. He is Santo/Harry Carry with legs, and less drinking.

I says, I says DJ. Have you seen another team go through so much bad luck. I remember this game back in "INSERT YEAR HERE", and it was against "INSERT TEAM HERE" and "Al Kaline, or INSERT BOSOX PLAYER HERE" was facing "Catfish hunter". It was amazing. This is the best team I have ever seen, to play so bad.

Haha, thank you for that ssi. You make this s*** season bearable with this material :cheers

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
Perspective

Contreras ERA is now 6.22, and I suspect his record will be 5-13 after tonight.

To put things in perspective, Jamie Navarro's worst year with the SOx was 1998

ERA 6.36 with an 8-16 record

Memory Lane - 6.36 Navarro Drive

Thank goodness he is still under contract after this season!!! :ph34r:

That's pretty good. Throw in some Yosimite Sam as well

"OOOOOOOOHHHH I hates them duck snorts."

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
Perspective

Contreras ERA is now 6.22, and I suspect his record will be 5-13 after tonight.

To put things in perspective, Jamie Navarro's worst year with the SOx was 1998

ERA 6.36 with an 8-16 record

Memory Lane - 6.36 Navarro Drive

tim kurkjian said on baseball tonight that KW was really stirring the pot yesterday with alot of trade talk...and he actually thinks contreras will still be traded.....

last year maddux was traded for cesar izturis...now maddux was a FA at the end of the year and jose isn't, but considering how awful he has been and hes owed 10 mil, i can't see us getting anything more than a C prospect and hope like hell someone takes on the majority of his contract

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:34 PM)
tim kurkjian said on baseball tonight that KW was really stirring the pot yesterday with alot of trade talk...and he actually thinks contreras will still be traded.....

last year maddux was traded for cesar izturis...now maddux was a FA at the end of the year and jose isn't, but considering how awful he has been and hes owed 10 mil, i can't see us getting anything more than a C prospect and hope like hell someone takes on the majority of his contract

Dear Jesus,

Please let what daa84 is saying be true. Let somebody else take Contreras. Oh, and please make the Cubs un-good again.

Greg the Bull :pray

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

If Jose is really 50 years old as he appears to be, the Sox should try to void the contract.

He's done.

Just release him. We won't get squat for him in a trade.

Some Class A guys that will never pan out is all he's worth.

I don't know how Williams could possibly trade Contreras, but I'd hope he wouldn't be the only person leaving the ballclub if such a scenario would unfold.

Yes, his salary could be useful next season; as would not entering every ballgame expecting the offense to score 7 runs to win; but if we're looking to improve our ballclub someone with value has to be traded. I still believe Vazquez or Garland have to leave if we're looking for true offensive upgrades.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
If Jose is really 50 years old as he appears to be, the Sox should try to void the contract.

He's done.

Just release him. We won't get squat for him in a trade.

Some Class A guys that will never pan out is all he's worth.

hmmm ... I wonder if they could void it if they proved he lied about his age.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
Or to hear Hawk say CY " Insert name" every time Sox offense sucks.

I think Hawk actually died during the world series parade, and this is a robot.

IF (INNINGS=4;HITS=

GOTO PITCHING

PITCHING: IF WALKS=>2;goto "TEACUP_AND_YELL" REPEAT 10 TIMES;

GOTO UMPS

IF SOX RUNS

ECHO "GABNUBIT, AL KALINE, MERCY, STRETCH"

I think Hawk actually died during the world series parade, and this is a robot.

IF (INNINGS=<3;STRIKEOUTS=>4;HITS=<2) goto "CY_YOUNGIFICATION";

GOTO PITCHING

PITCHING: IF WALKS=>2;goto "TEACUP_AND_YELL" REPEAT 10 TIMES;

GOTO UMPS

IF SOX RUNS<OPPOSITION RUNS EXECUTE "SCREAM_AT_THE_UMP" SUBROUTINE.

ECHO "GABNUBIT, AL KALINE, MERCY, STRETCH"

:notworthy :headbang :lolhitting :gosox3:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
/Random post

It's a real shame Bedard is on such a s*** team like the O's. This guy needs to get WAY more attention then he gets. What a stud.

the cubs have to be kicking themselves for not pulling that bedard and tejada for prior deal.....