Briggs agrees to one year deal

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:06 PM)
Briggs should be paid in Chicken McNuggets.

They could include an option where if he is one of the top linebackers in the league, he can upgrade to chicken selects.

Briggs is taking a big chance that he can make it through this season, not get injured while still playing well enough to keep his value intact.

even if Briggs does play subpar, someone will give him a big contract...... but why chance a career ending injury?

dont get me wrong Im stoked he is back with the team.... but for Briggs this is a big gamble. This also has to be viewed as a loss for Rosenhaus. Rosenhaus loves to play chicken with General Managers around the league but he seemingly always flinches first.

Drew Rosenhaus = ????????? why is this guy a good agent? Because he got Willis McGahee drafted in the first round? color me unimpressed.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:16 PM)
Will McDonald's bring back the Hot Mustard sauce? That pissed me off when McDonald's phase out that McNuggets sauce.

I always get Hot Mustard with my Nuggets. As far as I know, they it left.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
I always get Hot Mustard with my Nuggets. As far as I know, they it left.

Really? Not that I frequent McDonald's, but the last time I was there, a McWorker told me that they stop carrying it. I felt like Homer in the RibWich episode of the Simpsons.

So what next? Is McDonald's going to get arid of the McJordan? The Beef Wennington? The McDLT? :unsure:

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
Really? Not that I frequent McDonald's, but the last time I was there, a McWorker told me that they stop carrying it. I felt like Homer in the RibWich episode of the Simpsons.

So what next? Is McDonald's going to get arid of the McJordan? The Beef Wennington? The McDLT? :unsure:

I would be pretty McSteamed if they never brought back the Beef Wennington.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:16 PM)
Briggs is taking a big chance that he can make it through this season, not get injured while still playing well enough to keep his value intact.

even if Briggs does play subpar, someone will give him a big contract...... but why chance a career ending injury?

dont get me wrong Im stoked he is back with the team.... but for Briggs this is a big gamble. This also has to be viewed as a loss for Rosenhaus. Rosenhaus loves to play chicken with General Managers around the league but he seemingly always flinches first.

Drew Rosenhaus = ????????? why is this guy a good agent? Because he got Willis McGahee drafted in the first round? color me unimpressed.

None of what you said makes sense, if Briggs sits out he is going to get a smaller contract than if he plays. The only thing that could change this is if he has a career threatening injury which isnt all that likely. Than also he is now guaranteed 7.2 million no ifs ands or buts about it.....

Also Rosenhaus is good because he gets his agents big contracts, he hasnt been successful in hold outs as of late but that has as much to do with the player as the agent. He still got a cancer like TO paid great money.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
any chance he resigns for 08 and beyond?

Briggs feels extremely slighted about this, and feels he needs a long term deal which the Bears wouldnt give him this offseason. He has talked down about the front office, said he wouldnt play another down with the team, paraded himself around the offseason meetings like a grade A douche, and generally left a sour taste in everyones mouth. I dont think the Bears are likely to want to lock him up after this season(because like Kalapse said, the deadline passed so there can be no negotiations until after the season), and I dont think Briggs is likely to want to re-sign with the Bears, its just that simple.

The Bears will move on, just like they always do.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Briggs feels extremely slighted about this, and feels he needs a long term deal which the Bears wouldnt give him this offseason. He has talked down about the front office, said he wouldnt play another down with the team, paraded himself around the offseason meetings like a grade A douche, and generally left a sour taste in everyones mouth. I dont think the Bears are likely to want to lock him up after this season(because like Kalapse said, the deadline passed so there can be no negotiations until after the season), and I dont think Briggs is likely to want to re-sign with the Bears, its just that simple.

The Bears will move on, just like they always do.

Despite all that they re-opened talks for a long term contract b4 the deadline, obviously they didnt get it done but they still re-opened talks. And he has taken the tag this early so he wont be out of game shape or anything and we will have him the whole season. Im sure they will atleast talk about an extension i just dont know the likelyhood that it gets done.... especially with the need to sign Tommie Harris longterm soon.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)
Despite all that they re-opened talks for a long term contract b4 the deadline, obviously they didnt get it done but they still re-opened talks. And he has taken the tag this early so he wont be out of game shape or anything and we will have him the whole season. Im sure they will atleast talk about an extension i just dont know the likelyhood that it gets done.... especially with the need to sign Tommie Harris longterm soon.

We got Harris locked up for two more years though. Were actually gonna have decent cap space because of the way the Tillman/Vasher contracts were worked. Id love to sign Briggs long term after this year. We simply cant afford to pay him more then Urlacher though.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 09:42 PM)

When he hits the open market like he will next year, the Bears arent going to match what Dan Snyders rich and dumb a## is going to throw at him. And Harris is much more valuable in the scheme than Briggs is. Dont get me wrong, I like Briggs a lot, but Lovie always preaches "it starts with the front four", and we all saw how the defense sagged without Harris.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
None of what you said makes sense, if Briggs sits out he is going to get a smaller contract than if he plays. The only thing that could change this is if he has a career threatening injury which isnt all that likely. Than also he is now guaranteed 7.2 million no ifs ands or buts about it.....

Also Rosenhaus is good because he gets his agents big contracts, he hasnt been successful in hold outs as of late but that has as much to do with the player as the agent. He still got a cancer like TO paid great money.

the average career for an NFL player is a little over 3 years..... career threatening injury isn't all that likely? what game do you watch?

he is gauranteed 7.2 million for 1 season..... 1 season...... 1 season. if Rosenhaus got the longterm extension he was trying to fanagle would have received considerably more upfront, without playing a down, no risk of injury. (He wanted BRIAN Urlacher Money).

If Briggs sits out he is going to get a smaller contract than if he plays? Perhaps.... but how much smaller? i wouldn't think it would be considerably smaller. Briggs is in his prime, coming off pro bowl years, and plays a valued position.... even if Briggs held out and signed elsewhere next year... he would have signed a ridiculous contract with a team like Washington for arguements sake, and he wouldn't risk injury.

So Rosenhaus paraded Briggs around talking about how the Bears are s***ty and how he is going to hold out.... for what? he took the 7.2 million and now has to play a season not to get hurt.

If Briggs has season ending surgery for a torn achilles, acl or anything else that would prohibit his mobility..... we'll see what the market for him is then.

What you made makes absolutely no sesne. Rosenhaus is a deuchebag who thinks he is smarter than he really is. He got TO money NOT BECAUSE HE IS A GREAT AGENT.... BUT BECAUSE TO is an ungodly talent. Jerry Jones didnt talk to Rosenhaus and give TO a contract because he bought into Rosenhaus, he signed TO because like every team before the COwboys they thought they could tame him.

Glad to have him back.