Schilling Has Diarrhea of the Mouth ... Again

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
He has a lot of nerve talking about teams having issues with steroids/HGH.

Why -- does Boston?

--

I say, God bless Curt Schilling. He's a smart man with an opinion about a lot of things and he's not afraid to share it. Nothing at all wrong with that.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
I'm glad the article points out that when Schilling was in front of Congress he totally backed off earlier statements about the steroid problem in baseball.

exactly hes a big man now but he totally wimped out and backed down in DC

Canseco reacts to big mouth Schilling:

He lied before Congress and he was reprimanded for it," according to Canseco. "What a horrendous performance he put on with the spotlight on him in front of the whole world and he could have said something important. Of all people to be saying something like that. Are you kidding me? He's a complete hypocrite. Nobody takes him seriously. People around baseball all feel the same way about him.

Canseco Responds

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 09:48 AM)
Canseco reacts to big mouth Schilling:

He lied before Congress and he was reprimanded for it," according to Canseco. "What a horrendous performance he put on with the spotlight on him in front of the whole world and he could have said something important. Of all people to be saying something like that. Are you kidding me? He's a complete hypocrite. Nobody takes him seriously. People around baseball all feel the same way about him.

Canseco Responds

am i the only one who feels that canseco has come out of this entire steroid controversy looking at least somewhat respectable? i am kind of shocked that i feel this way, but in some sense his public image is higher than just about all those who testified in front of congress (palmeiro, mcgwire, sosa) and maybe im naive to feel this way, but i believe the stuff that comes outa his mouth more so than anyone.....i know it was basically greed that brought this all out of him, but in some sort of invisible hand of public relations, his greed has actually put him in a better situation than the others

You know why all of baseball feels that way, Canseco? Because Schilling is

1. More talented and successful than most people in baseball

2. A better communicator

and 3. Because so many people in baseball are upset with him for speaking out against the steroids that they were on and are.

Schilling's a bit of a b****, but I like him enough.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
am i the only one who feels that canseco has come out of this entire steroid controversy looking at least somewhat respectable? i am kind of shocked that i feel this way, but in some sense his public image is higher than just about all those who testified in front of congress (palmeiro, mcgwire, sosa) and maybe im naive to feel this way, but i believe the stuff that comes outa his mouth more so than anyone.....i know it was basically greed that brought this all out of him, but in some sort of invisible hand of public relations, his greed has actually put him in a better situation than the others

Jose is an arrogant ass.. but he's a truth telling arrogant ass.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 09:59 AM)

You know, I still feel like Canseco is a shiester, but less of one than Bonds, Sheffiled, and Co. In that way, I guess I agree with you.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 10:05 AM)
You know, I still feel like Canseco is a shiester, but less of one than Bonds, Sheffiled, and Co. In that way, I guess I agree with you.

oh i def. agree, but in terms of the whole steroid scandal...he has come out looking like the "good guy"...er at least best guy, or maybe the best way to put it is least bad guy

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
You know why all of baseball feels that way, Canseco? Because Schilling is

1. More talented and successful than most people in baseball

2. A better communicator

and 3. Because so many people in baseball are upset with him for speaking out against the steroids that they were on and are.

Schilling's a bit of a b****, but I like him enough.

I agree. I've never really understood the hate towards Schilling. If I'm not mistaken, he's always responding to questions. You ask a question, you get an answer, right? :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 09:20 AM)
I agree. I've never really understood the hate towards Schilling. If I'm not mistaken, he's always responding to questions. You ask a question, you get an answer, right? :huh

For me, any dislike comes from his performance on the Hill, where he was up there shilling for MLB and saying "oh everything's great, there's no problem, you guys don't need to get involved" as the whole think kept getting bigger and bigger.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 10:20 AM)

He was deceptive to congress. Claiming that Jose was FOS and that there was no problem. Him and Raffy were the two screaming to the high heavens that the situatuion was being exaggerated.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
He was deceptive to congress. Claiming that Jose was FOS and that there was no problem. Him and Raffy were the two screaming to the high heavens that the situatuion was being exaggerated.

Well, we can only go by what we know for sure. So far, what % of players have tested positive? I think Canseco claimed 75% of MLB was juicing. I'm pretty sure 75% of MLB has not tested positive, so was it an exaggeration?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
Well, we can only go by what we know for sure. So far, what % of players have tested positive? I think Canseco claimed 75% of MLB was juicing. I'm pretty sure 75% of MLB has not tested positive, so was it an exaggeration?

Well, we know that in, when was it, 2003, somewhere between 5 and 10% of MLB players tested positive anonymously with something like 6 months of warnings before the tests were going to be given. And we also have the HGH issue, where there's no test for it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)

I don't recall the claim, but if it was 75%, and it was back in the late '90's, I'd say that's a low %. :unsure:

Some things Curt said were true, but other things he said make me believe he's an idiot.

As far as Bonds, it's amazing you only hear subtle and nice things from Bonds on TV. I can't believe he would stoop so low as to call someone a midget O_o

Edited by TheBigHurt