Schilling Has Diarrhea of the Mouth ... Again

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
You know why all of baseball feels that way, Canseco? Because Schilling is

1. More talented and successful than most people in baseball

2. A better communicator

and 3. Because so many people in baseball are upset with him for speaking out against the steroids that they were on and are.

Schilling's a bit of a b****, but I like him enough.

So I take it the reason nobody hates Frank Thomas for the same reason they hate Schilling is #2.

Schilling's a dick. Canseco admitted he used roids, sure, but he also is trying his best to clean up the game right now and rat out those that he also knows did it. So let's punish him for trying to clean the game up. And Palmeiro was punished for using steroids; a 10 game suspension, a tarnished career, and the loss of respect by the general public. That's punishment enough.

He also doesn't seem to be considering the flip side in the whole debate; sure we can take away Canseco's MVP, but then Caminiti's would have to be taken away, perhaps IRod, Juan Gone, Giambi, and so on and so forth. It'd be a never ending battle and years and years of pages would have to be destroyed. So then what of the deadball era? Players then weren't playing with new baseballs every 6 pitches nor were they playing in parks where it was realistic to hit home runs to all parts of a ballpark. What about the 1968 season, should that be erased because the mound was so high that there was a ridiculous advantage towards the pitcher? You can't rewrite history; all you can do is discover the wrong and try to make it right. And that's what Jose Canseco is trying to do.

Canseco also wants money, but if you don't want money, then you need to give me some because you have so much that you don't care for it anymore.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 02:30 AM)
He also doesn't seem to be considering the flip side in the whole debate; sure we can take away Canseco's MVP, but then Caminiti's would have to be taken away, perhaps IRod, Juan Gone, Giambi, and so on and so forth.

I would be more than happy to take away that 2000 MVP from Giambi and give it to the 2nd place finisher, thus giving that man a 3rd MVP.