Classic video game memories

Mr. Showtime

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
Anyone ever make it to the final level of Super Mario 3? I went back and played it last year, and the last level is so intense.

When I play that game I usually play all the way through to the 3rd or 4th world and then use the whistles to get me to the last level. When I get there I just either swim under the boat or use the P-wings that I got from the earlier levels and fly over them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tecmo Bowl was fun when one person was Oakland, and the other KC. Then you had Bo Jackson and Christian Okoye breaking TD runs every down.

Even the early Madden games were ridiculous to play. You could throw a hail mary any time you wanted, CB's never could keep up with the WR's. There was even a year of Madden where there was a glitch that you could be the RB on a pitch play and just take off running at the start of the play and the ball would magically be in your hands after a few seconds, it was unstoppable.

Contra was another of my favorites, I played that and Castlevania all the time. There was even a Nintendo game that my Mom went nuts for. Dr. Mario. She was amazing at the game, all my friends would come over thinking they could beat her and she would just destroy them. This was coming from a mother in her 50's, it was hilarious to see.

Did anyone else HAVE to buy each new system as it came out? I did, and I even ended up with obscure systems like a Sega Saturn, which was supposed to be the next gen system before the Playstation, it just never caught on, and it was ridiculously expensive. I think I paid $300 for it in 1995.

Edited by Palehosefan

value="transparent">

When my friends all had Intellivision/ColecoVision/Atari....I begged and begged for one and my dad got us a fricken TI-99. Oh it has games too though..here ya go son. So I got to play fircken parsec over and over my entire childhood.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 01:31 PM)
Maniac Mansion was an awesome game. It had a ton of stuff to do and a lot of rumors about it

I loved that game. I even used it as a topic for a paper I wrote in 8th grade.

I played it so much I eventually found every single secret in the game and could beat it with any combination of kids.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
There was even a Nintendo game that my Mom went nuts for. Dr. Mario. She was amazing at the game, all my friends would come over thinking they could beat her and she would just destroy them. This was coming from a mother in her 50's, it was hilarious to see.

I got to where I'd just start at level 20 on that game. The only thing that sucks is that level 20 is the highest level you can start at but it continues on through level 24. Then it just keeps repeating level 24. 20-24 are all the exact same anyway...

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Anybody else have Sega Channel? I remember waiting till midnight on the first of each month for the new games to come with my brother. That was a technology that was way ahead of its time.

I had the Sega channel when it was out. I remember also playing and solving each of the Sonic the Hedgehog games when they came out. Staying up all night to beat each boss at the end of each level.

Loved the Donkey Kong trio of games for SNES.

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball was awesome too.

The Simpsons game I liked was the one where Bart walked the streets jumping on those pieces of paper and youd choose between the two doors that popped up. That was a great game though I could NEVER beat it.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
Loved the Donkey Kong trio of games for SNES.

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball was awesome too.

The Simpsons game I liked was the one where Bart walked the streets jumping on those pieces of paper and youd choose between the two doors that popped up. That was a great game though I could NEVER beat it.

I had that game, it was extremely hard. My favorite game was when you were Bart-zilla. I got kind of far after playing it repeatedly, but I never beat the game

Final Fantasy 7 - My favorite game ever. I must have spent over 100 hours playing it.

Tomb Raider 2 - This game was f***ing impossible, or at least it seemed that way when I was like 12 or 13. Even with a walkthrough I thought it was so much fun and unique.

Me and a buddy used to play a baseball game for NES that was robots. Mecha-baseball or something, it was a blast. Players exploded when they were thrown out, pitchers and batters had special power-up swings and pitches. It was a really fun game for 12 year old Kyle