Iguchi Traded to Phillies for RP/SP Michael Dubee

IlliniKrush

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a damn joke...get Williams out of here before he completes his dismanteling of this entire franchise. What a horrific trade. This kid will never see the light of day in Chicago, he's barely a marginal prospect. FOOLISH. This is worse than what Hawk did in the mid 1980s.

Rotoworld

Phillies acquired second baseman Tadahito Iguchi from the White Sox for RHP Michael Dubee.

Nice to see Phillies GM Pat Gillick making a quick strike here. Iguchi's .251/.340/.382 line this year isn't very impressive, but it still gives him 100 points of OPS over Abraham Nunez and he could improve the rest of the way. The Phillies will play him regularly and could bat him sixth behind Pat Burrell. Considering all they had to give up a lesser relief prospect, this is a steal. Jul. 27 - 5:12 pm et :angry:

ERA is almost 4 in A...can you say, NOTHING? This dude isn't even a prospect. Good job Williams...you just gave a away a professional quality 2nd basemen for jack crap. Dude got lucky to win it in 2005, he's an arrogant ass.

Edited by kwolf68

Dubee was actually one of the best pitching prospects on his squad, several of the other guys that are pitching as well as him are 2-3 years older. Drabek is the exception. Dubee was also a starter last year and is averaging something like 1.7 IP an appearance, so I don't think it's a stretch that he could be converted back to starter.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 05:47 PM)
Dubee was actually one of the best pitching prospects on his squad, several of the other guys that are pitching as well as him are 2-3 years older. Drabek is the exception. Dubee was also a starter last year and is averaging something like 1.7 IP an appearance, so I don't think it's a stretch that he could be converted back to starter.

The scouting report on him sounds like he could be a starter, he has 4 pitches, the question is whether he'd be any good as a starter; BA noted a pretty big variance in his velocity over a year (94 to 87) so a lot of that depends on how well he holds up to a lot of innings.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
See, that's the problem, I don't think anyone here would complain if we got back something we'd consider to be a "Mid-level" guy, but aside from the k/9IP, this guy doesn't sound like that to me. Sounds like a RP who we'll be lucky if he ever sees the big leagues.

I think that's where we differ. I don't care if we got a bag of balls for Iguchi. I'm more concerned with seeing how Richar performs with the last 2 months of the season, and am hoping that he can provide us with at least decent production, and allow us to allocate more money in our budget to other areas of the payroll.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
I think that's where we differ. I don't care if we got a bag of balls for Iguchi. I'm more concerned with seeing how Richar performs with the last 2 months of the season, and am hoping that he can provide us with at least decent production, and allow us to allocate more money in our budget to other areas of the payroll.

Exactly.

It's pretty clear that there were no good offers out there.

How do you know that? Maybe our GM just sucks.

Ridiculous trade.

What a joke of a GM.

How did he win a World Series is what I want to know at this point.

Get some proven major league talent for these World Series championship players.

My god, Philly was desperate. They get Iguchi; we get horses*** prospect. How many players drafted where

that guy was ever make the big leagues?

He could be another Buckwich for Iguchi ... my god. What a disgrace.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
How do you know that? Maybe our GM just sucks.

Ridiculous trade.

What a joke of a GM.

How did he win a World Series is what I want to know at this point.

Because it only makes sense.

What in the hell did you people expect to get back in return for the 3rd best 2B on the market? A player who can't even bring the team he's traded to any comp picks?

Why would a team give up anything of value for Iguchi when they could have Loretta and Hudson and a similar price? Both of whom are better than Iguchi. Loretta will be at least a type B free agent and Hudson has another year of ARB left, they bring a whole lot more to the table than a 32 year old Iguchi who's putting up a .720 OPS w/ no speed, no power, playing terrible defense at the least important position on the field and WILL BRING NO COMPENSATION TO THE TEAM THAT RENTS HIM FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS.

So what is more likely? 1.) Teams weren't willing to give up anything of value for Iguchi or 2.) Kenny Williams is the worstest GM everest?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:15 PM)
Get some proven major league talent for these World Series championship players.

My god, Philly was desperate. They get Iguchi; we get horses*** prospect. How many players drafted where

that guy was ever make the big leagues?

He could be another Buckwich for Iguchi ... my god. What a disgrace.

Yeah, the Phillies were so desperate that they didn't even make the call to KW. He had to call them.

Why would any team be desperate to add a .720 OPS 2B?

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
You are wasting your time Kalapse unfortunately.

Sometimes I'm just taken aback by the inflammatory, knee jerk reactions of Sox fans. It's disturbing. Just because a player was on the World Series team doesn't mean they have good trade value.

QUOTE(OilCan @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
Wonder what the Mets were thinking.

Yeah, I can picture it right now. Omar Minaya and Fred Wilpon sitting in leather recliners sipping brandy next to a roaring fire as the news of the Tadahito Iguchi trade comes over the radio. Minaya leans over to Wilpon and with a chuckle utters; "Ha, I would have sent them Carlos Gomez for that mediocre second baser, that Kenny Williams chap sure is a buffoon."

Yes, I am sure this is how it went.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
Because it only makes sense.

What in the hell did you people expect to get back in return for the 3rd best 2B on the market? A player who can't even bring the team he's traded to any comp picks?

Why would a team give up anything of value for Iguchi when they could have Loretta and Hudson and a similar price? Both of whom are better than Iguchi. Loretta will be at least a type B free agent and Hudson has another year of ARB left, they bring a whole lot more to the table than a 32 year old Iguchi who's putting up a .720 OPS w/ no speed, no power, playing terrible defense at the least important position on the field and WILL BRING NO COMPENSATION TO THE TEAM THAT RENTS HIM FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS.

So what is more likely? 1.) Teams weren't willing to give up anything of value for Iguchi or 2.) Kenny Williams is the worstest GM everest?

Rosenthal thinks Minnesota might send Castillo to the Mets. So add another 2B to the list.