Eddy Curry's house robbed in Chicago

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2952813

Curry, family robbed in suburban Chicago home

In the second such robbery in weeks of an NBA player with Chicago roots, New York Knicks center Eddy Curry and his family were robbed at gunpoint in his suburban Chicago home early Saturday morning.

3514.jpg Curry

Deputy chief of police John Madden said three offenders restrained Curry, his family and an employee with duct tape inside the Burr Ridge home.

"We [are] aware of the situation and are very thankful that Eddy Curry and his family are safe," the Knicks said in a statement. "He told us it was a traumatic experience. At this time we are aware that the local authorities are handling the situation."

Madden said police believe it was not a random incident.

No one was injured in the incident, and the robbers made off with cash and jewelry. The value was not disclosed.

Mark Thomas, a family friend and brother of Knicks coach and general manager Isaiah Thomas, spoke on behalf of Curry and the basketball player's family, according to the Web site of Chicago's CBS affiliate, saying that everyone was doing fine but would not have any immediate comments.

Curry was traded from the Chicago Bulls to the Knicks in October 2005.

Police and witnesses said two offenders held Miami Heat foward Antoine Walker and at least one other person at gunpoint during a robbery at his home July 9 in Chicago's River North neighborhood.

Walker and a relative were bound at gunpoint while multiple robbers took a car, cash and jewelry from his residence.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 07:55 AM)
I think this was the same guys who robbed Antoine Walker.

i was thinking the same thing...... seems like too much of a coincidence.

if i was an athlete living in the area id be careful.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 05:46 PM)
i was thinking the same thing...... seems like too much of a coincidence.

if i was an athlete living in the area id be careful.

The situations are very similar. Home invasion, subdued and tied up by a few guys with guns, jewelry and cash stolen, and they are outta there.

• 2 weeks later...