Darin Erstad

Jim Spencer

With Owens in CF and the season pretty much a tryout for 2008. Do we really need to bring Erstad back after his Rehab Assignment??? He went 0-4 last night and didn't even hit a ball out of the infield. He's batting .154 in 39 at bats. He even made an error on a routine grounder.

I was at the Knights game last night and we sat a couple of rows away from a Scout for the Blue Jays. I didn't watch him the whole game but every time Erstad came up I did notice he was taking notes. Maybe, just Maybe we could get the Jays to take him for another Single A pitcher and a bag of balls :P

508292.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)
Actually, he was signed to compete with Anderson for the starting job, remember? Thats what Ozzie told us, right?

That's what I thought originally and actually liked the pick up at that point caus I thought he would make a good 4th OF.

Speaking of BA, any info on him? I can't fiind anything on future sox. Is he injured?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)
Actually, he was signed to compete with Anderson for the starting job, remember? Thats what the organization told us, right?

Personally, I'm glad we saw so little of BA. The little I saw showed me he still had the same hideous swing and approach that he had last year.

You do have to wonder what the plan would be now for Erstad. Owens is getting the llok in CF and Pods and Erstad I suppose could share LF, but I am goessing another rookie gets brought up for a look-someone like Sweeney and then both the dudes are out.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 03:55 PM)
You do have to wonder what the plan would be now for Erstad. Owens is getting the llok in CF and Pods and Erstad I suppose could share LF, but I am goessing another rookie gets brought up for a look-someone like Sweeney and then both the dudes are out.

If Joe Crede comes back next year, at least to start the year, we're going to need somewhere for Josh Fields to play. I think Our OF next year is going to start off with Fields and Owens both somewhere in it.

Torn ligaments in his wrist, done for the year.

And probably done for his career.

It's amazing how many prospects never make it. Jeremy Reed, etc.

Add me to the list of people who wish Erstad would go away.

No need to play that guy. I could see giving him away for the guy we got in the Iguchi deal.

Iguchi should have brought more, however.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
If Joe Crede comes back next year, at least to start the year, we're going to need somewhere for Josh Fields to play. I think Our OF next year is going to start off with Fields and Owens both somewhere in it.

That might seem logical, but, if that were the case, I think we'd have seen Fields playing LF by now. He hasn't played out there yet. He played 1 inning of 1 game in 2006 there.