Darin Erstad

Jim Spencer

QUOTE(premo @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 01:49 AM)
I honestly feel bad for BA.

I wish he would've gotten at least a full season in the majors.

I also hope to never see Darin Erstad as a starting OF for the Sox again

Sentence.

Sentence.

You have by far the coolest avatar I have ever seen, period.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
^^^

What do KW and Ozzie see in Erstad... he brings nothing to the table.

You have a really cool avatar, too.

I don't know what the Sox are thinking lately. Mackowiak, yeah, makes over 3 mil, but you can afford to pay a very good UT guy that kind of money. One player on your bench making that much money is justifiable because over the course of a season I think he more than earns that. What I can't understand though is playing and paying Pods and Erstad, who can't help us now or in the future in any capacity. At worst, Mack doesn't hurt us. Pods and Grinder Machine do, because their simple presence only adds more question marks to the 2008 OF and the organization's future as a whole. Even if Sweeney is brought up and sucks bad the rest of the year, at least we know we definitely have to address one more area of the OF. As it is, I could see the Sox going into 2008 thinking Sweeney is probably ready much the same way they went into 2006 thinking Anderson was probably ready. Nether Pods nor Erstad are going to bring us anything of value in a trade, and even if they bring some A ball spect with some little bit of potential, I'd gladly trade that for X amount of extra AB's for Ryan.

QUOTE(Dogfood22 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 08:20 AM)
You have a really cool avatar, too.

I don't know what the Sox are thinking lately. Mackowiak, yeah, makes over 3 mil, but you can afford to pay a very good UT guy that kind of money. One player on your bench making that much money is justifiable because over the course of a season I think he more than earns that. What I can't understand though is playing and paying Pods and Erstad, who can't help us now or in the future in any capacity. At worst, Mack doesn't hurt us. Pods and Grinder Machine do, because their simple presence only adds more question marks to the 2008 OF and the organization's future as a whole. Even if Sweeney is brought up and sucks bad the rest of the year, at least we know we definitely have to address one more area of the OF. As it is, I could see the Sox going into 2008 thinking Sweeney is probably ready much the same way they went into 2006 thinking Anderson was probably ready. Nether Pods nor Erstad are going to bring us anything of value in a trade, and even if they bring some A ball spect with some little bit of potential, I'd gladly trade that for X amount of extra AB's for Ryan.

Maybe we should give Thome and Konerko the rest of the year off and play Erstad at first and Pods as DH and play an OK of Sweeney, Owens and Terrero the rest of the year. :lol:

Edited by IowaSoxFan