The only thing I will miss...

aboz56

Is hearing "Get Busy" everytime he comes to the plate.

Besides that, see you on the flip side D'Angelo.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Im re thinking who the sox will send down. They already have Graff, and Harris can play the infield too. It may be Jimenez they send down. :huh:

I'd talk to Konerko and send him down.

If Konerko is a team player, he will go to Charlotte, rehab and work on his swing.

IF he can revive himself he can be a HUGE addition come August/September.

so I say demote Konerko, and then when Wunsch returns from the DL in a week or so, decide who, between Armando Rios and Jimenez has to go.

personally, with Lee and Ordonez at the corners, Rowand and Harris playing in center and Daubach being an option in the OF, Rios may be the guy I drop. I mean, will he really play anyway?

of course, everyone has to be on the same page with this. If Jimenez isn't accepting of a backup role, he'll need to go. personally though, Alomar will likely be gone next season, which means Jimenez, Harris or Miles will have to take over.

I think what Molto means is, talk to PK before you send him down. Work it out so he knows what is going on, and that he will be back up in due time. If he wants what is best for the team, he would do it. We already saw Josh Paul refuse an assignment earlier this season.

"Get busy"...

When is the last time you were at the park?

that was my thought but I was too chicken s*** to say it

"Get busy"...

That was like.. ummm... mid 80's..?

"Get busy"...

Err, I think he's referring to the Sean Paul song "Get Busy," which I think is currently floating around the Billboard Top 40.

With his salary I highly doubt someone will pick him up.

Trust me, someone will pick him up. He wasnt an All-Star last year for nothing. I'm sure there are lots of teams out there that will be interested in giving him a chance to play everyday and work out whatevers wrong with him. I wouldnt take the chance. Sadly, about the only thing that Konerko can do right now is be a bench-warmer.

Konerko can refuse the assignment, and even if he does accept the demotion, any team can snag him off of waivers.

Cerb, help me out here. I am pretty good on waiver/options rules, but I am little iffy in this particular instance.

Is it not possible for Konerko to have options left? Each player has three options. When, if these options are not used do they expire?

Taking an extreme case here, let's look at a guy like Mark Prior who has never had an option exercised. What if, two years from now, the Cubs wanted to send him down to AAA? What if it were 5 years from now? 10 years? See where I am coming from?

This all may be a moot point because Paulie could have had no options left anyway, but I am searching for knowledge here.

"Get busy"...

Probably this year since that's the song they play when he steps up to the plate.

the thread title is "one thing to miss about D'Lo."

His hit on Friday, his home run against the Tigers Sunday of opening weekend.

That's it.

I shall miss nothing else about him if he goes.

If Rios goes, I can't think of a thing I shall miss, and shall rejoice he will not ever pinch hit for Miguel "Grand Slam" Olivo.

the thread title is "one thing to miss about D'Lo."

His hit on Friday, his home run against the Tigers Sunday of opening weekend.

That's it.

I shall miss nothing else about him if he goes.

If Rios goes, I can't think of a thing I shall miss, and shall rejoice he will not ever pinch hit for Miguel "Grand Slam" Olivo.

Let me tell you something about this bum Rios. When JM pointed to him Sunday to go bat for Olivo, I happened to be looking in the dugout from the first base side. He was shaking his head no, no, no and grabbed his helmet and walked to the bat rack looking like a little kid who had to clean his room. It was no surprise he struck out. He has been high maintenence in SF and Pitt, although his performance has never justified it.

Cerb, help me out here.  I am pretty good on waiver/options rules, but I am little iffy in this particular instance. 

Is it not possible for Konerko to have options left?  Each player has three options.  When, if these options are not used do they expire? 

Taking an extreme case here, let's look at a guy like Mark Prior who has never had an option exercised.  What if, two years from now, the Cubs wanted to send him down to AAA?  What if it were 5 years from now?  10 years?  See where I am coming from?

This all may be a moot point because Paulie could have had no options left anyway, but I am searching for knowledge here.

Once you hit a certian level of service you can refuse assignment to the minors except for injury rehab.

"Get busy"...

Err, I think he's referring to the Sean Paul song "Get Busy," which I think is currently floating around the Billboard Top 40.

Alrighty.. but that isn't the song they play when he comes up either..

"Get busy"...

Probably this year since that's the song they play when he steps up to the plate.

No doub.. it's not. It's "Get Low" sunf by the East Side Boys and a couple other artists.

Goes like this..

"Let's get it on till the break of dawn, yea that's alright, let's get it on.. bla, bla, bla.. gotta get it on till the early mornin', get it low, get it low."