ESPN: Rob Mackowiak Traded to SD

frankie5angels

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
Deadline's officially past. If nothing comes out soon, it looks like KW's great rebuilding/retooling effort during the 2007 season consisted of giving away two solid position players for Single A relievers that are likely to never reach the majors.

It could have been worse, no? He could have traded for Bo Bice.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
I want to feel bad, but then again, he plays a game for a living.

especially since he gets to hang out in SoCal for the rest of the summer in a playoff race.

I'll trade you, asshole.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
I want to feel bad, but then again, he plays a game for a living.

I feel bad, because we are a very old, injury riddle team one game ahead of Kansas City for Dead F Last and not only does the current team not get improved, but nothing is done for our future either.

Further, with Mack gone it means Gonzalez plays a much bigger role, a terrible recipe.

We are stocking our minor league teams. But, only two class A players in return? Oh well! How much playing time would Mack get anyway this season with us starting a bunch of starving rookies? I would have to believe Sweeney gets called up to replace Mack, but we will wait and see obviously.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
We are stocking our minor league teams. But, only two class A players in return? Oh well! How much playing time would Mack get anyway this season with us starting a bunch of starving rookies? I would have to believe Sweeney gets called up to replace Mack, but we will wait and see obviously.

It looks like Erstad will be taking his roster spot.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
especially since he gets to hang out in SoCal for the rest of the summer in a playoff race.

I'll trade you, asshole.

No s***...playing baseball for a living...and in San Diego of all places...I'd give my left one for that.

No s***...playing baseball for a living...and in San Diego of all places...I'd give my left one for that.

Petco is amazing park.. The fans are a little blah though..

Padres are my Fav NL team.. and they needed a stick off the bench that can play more than one place on the field.

The 6 hour flight.. that is what would tick me off If I was Mac!

Edited by SoxFan77