White Sox Winner!

briguy27

you know whats really pathetic? our pitching is now worse than our offense on the year. the sox ranked 27th in ERA coming into this game (now 28th after giving up 9 runs) and our offense ranked 23rd in runs scored coming into the game. greg walker has taken a lot of heat this year for the lack of offense but i think its don coopers time to take heat for the pitching woes because outside of buehrle, javy, and jenks they are even worse than the offense

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Sure better than a loss. Team did show a little moxie...playing so bad, blow an 8-0 lead and still find a way to fend off the Bankees.

Welcome back Mike MacDougal...looks like he got his head straight down in Charlotte.

or maybe his nagging injury was the cause of all his s***iness? Either way, I hope he is consistent.

QUOTE(max power @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
or maybe his nagging injury was the cause of all his s***iness? Either way, I hope he is consistent.

Thing is, we never DL'd him did we? I think Mac, Jenks, Logan, and Thornton are a decent foursome in the pen. I haven't seen enough of Wasserman or even Day to make an assessment, and Aardsma still has potential. I do want to add another RP in the off-season, but don't believe we need to go but so crazy with trades to fix that position (I'd rather see another OF and SS brought in)

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
Thing is, we never DL'd him did we? I think Mac, Jenks, Logan, and Thornton are a decent foursome in the pen. I haven't seen enough of Wasserman or even Day to make an assessment, and Aardsma still has potential. I do want to add another RP in the off-season, but don't believe we need to go but so crazy with trades to fix that position (I'd rather see another OF and SS brought in)

He was on the 15 day DL with Right Shoulder innflamation

Who kidnapped Jon Garland and replaced him with Jaime Navarro? Garland is going down the same path that Buehrle did last year after his shellacking. Leave it to the bad pitching virus to infect our best pitchers during the second half of the year before their walk year, so that even if we wanted to, we can't trade them. If Garland continues down this path then we'll end up with the same situation we had with Buehrle this year next year.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 2, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
Unfortunately the most important part of this game is that Garland is starting to hurt his trade value in the offseason.

well, the other side of that is that is makes Garland a little more signable, and I figure if KW had any plans of trading Garland, he would have done it at the deadline instead of waiting till the offseason. As, IMO, Garland's trade value would have been decreased in the offseason anyway.