Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 04:14 PM)
Michigan has had the ball 6 times in Oregon territory. They have 307 yards of total offense at halftime. Mike Hart has 123 yards rushing on 21 attempts. And they are STILL down 32-7 at the half, amazing.

either Michigan is setting up for an amazing comeback or they lack execution skills, I'm thinking the latter of the two.

Ohio State may have only won 20-2 today, but their defense did the following to Akron: The Zips had 71 total yards (71 pass, 0 rush), 14 punts*, 12 three and outs, 3 first downs, and the only points were the safety provided by the defense. Ohio State though only had the 20 points and 5 turnovers, so the offense is a work in progress.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Notre Dame...7-0 over the Nittany Lions...WOOOO

Claussen looks so poised. He has yet to make any pass other than a screen type of pass but he looks so darn composed for a freshman. The kid has that "It" trait and I think he's going to go down as a legend (even though I still think my Irish don't win more than 7 this year, but I still say they get right around 7...the question is can they pick up any early wins).

Thomas deserved to be stopped short on that 3rd down. And I don't buy into this Weiss stuff...he cares about winning and his players respect the heck out of him.

Call him unclassy or whatever you want, but he's a great football coach and he's going to help a lot of guys have great careers.

So the end of this Fresno State/Texas A&M game is nuts

Basically Fresno catches the ball and fumbles before crossing the line, A&M recovers.. They call him out of bounds though.. they review the play and uphold the call on the field even though the replay CLEARLY shows he didnt step out.. THEN they come back and say they are reversing the uphold.. BUT.. there was pass interference on the play

Its crazy

Edited by Shadows

f***ed up Fresno St/A&M ending.

AM up 3, Fresno advances it towards the end zone. Guy fumbles it on the one, into the end zone, AM recovers. They rule out of bounds.

Under review...comes back call on field stands.

Ref goes back a minute later, gets on the headset, somehow reverses the call (which appeared to be the right call), i don't see how that's possible.

So game over, right?

Nope, there was a roughing the passer penalty on the play.

Now they are back on the headset. Pat Hill is now all the way over on the AM side b****ing at the refs.

After all is said and done, 1st and 10 from the 12 for Fresno.