Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 11, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
I'll go on record now...

Illinois will NOT win its next two games.

And why is that? Because your bitter Illinois beat Indiana? You're tired of seeing us be happy that our team is finally doing good?

Just wondering why you would make that claim considering even Indiana crushed Iowa, in Iowa, and Michigan is beyond pathetic this year..

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 11:19 AM)
And why is that? Because your bitter Illinois beat Indiana? You're tired of seeing us be happy that our team is finally doing good?

Just wondering why you would make that claim considering even Indiana crushed Iowa, in Iowa, and Michigan is beyond pathetic this year..

Heh, they can very easily beat us, Im not worried about the Iowa game at all... assuming the players dont take them lightly we should come away with an easy W. But even though i feel we should beat Michigan, that is far from a guaranteed win.

I loved Spurriers comment about North Carolina this week, per JOEDY McCREARY, AP Sports Writer

And then there's that little matter of settling the score between Spurrier and the North Carolina fans who felt he ran up the score on the Tar Heels in clinching a share of the Atlantic Coast Conference title in 1989 -- the last time Duke was a football champion -- then rubbed it in by snapping that famous (or infamous) photo.

Davis claimed to be unaware of any bad blood between the Tar Heels and Spurrier, but the Gamecocks coach defended the snapshot by saying the Blue Devils were celebrating their title, not the margin of victory.

"Anybody accuses Duke of running up the score, they ought to be embarrassed," Spurrier said.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)
Heh, they can very easily beat us, Im not worried about the Iowa game at all... assuming the players dont take them lightly we should come away with an easy W. But even though i feel we should beat Michigan, that is far from a guaranteed win.

I wasnt saying that as an implied "We will beat Michigan".. but Michigan is just simply not good this year, and we have them at home.. hence a winable game

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
The illini can't put it in the endzone and go up 6-3 w/ 9 minutes left in the 3rd. That overthrow by juice could come back to cost them.

Sure Iowa has only scored 3 points, but the defense has been kinda dissapointing... giving up so many long drives. And is the illini punter really that bad?