Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Novak needs to retire, he's a f***ing awful coach and turned a game being dominated by a still bad NIU team into a loss. We might go 2-10 or 3-9 this season in a terrible MAC West, I wish he'd retire already.

Couldn't have said it any better. The recruiting has been piss poor the last few years and it's starting to catch up. Tonight's loss was inexcusable, I wish they would just hand him his pink slip.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
Notre Dame...7-0 over the Nittany Lions...WOOOO

Claussen looks so poised. He has yet to make any pass other than a screen type of pass but he looks so darn composed for a freshman. The kid has that "It" trait and I think he's going to go down as a legend (even though I still think my Irish don't win more than 7 this year, but I still say they get right around 7...the question is can they pick up any early wins).

Jason, realistically who do you see ND beating that will give them 7 wins? At this point, I am thinking they will be damned lucky to get to six. And I just don't see the "it" trait in Clausen. He may end up being a solid QB, but I certainly don't view him as the "next coming".

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
sorry Heads but I have to rub it in since I go to UNI, but what happened last night with ISU? I heard UNI pretty much manhandled them, I wasn't there though.

Bret Meyer sucks.

Our defensive line sucks.

Our kicker sucks.

Our blocking is bad.

We were smaller than UNI.

Bret Meyer is not good.

Todd Blythe was thrown to 3 times.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
Goes along with my OU LSU National Championship game. Those two teams are ridiculously good.

I agree about OU, but somebody will get LSU in conference play (I've seen many better SEC teams get beat). I think Penn State has a real good shot at a trip to the title game to be honest, they have the senior QB, talent and depth all over, and a very favorable schedule, as they'll be favored big every road game and have all their tough games in Happy Valley.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 11:20 AM)
Illinois didn't look impressive last night. Defense looked solid, but the offense had a ton of trouble with western. Juice looked a little better with his decisions, but nothing spectacular. Not all that confident.

Juice still can't pass worth a s***, I'd be giving McGee some PT this week.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
I agree about OU, but somebody will get LSU in conference play (I've seen many better SEC teams get beat). I think Penn State has a real good shot at a trip to the title game to be honest, they have the senior QB, talent and depth all over, and a very favorable schedule, as they'll be favored big every road game and have all their tough games in Happy Valley.

I would be suprised if LSU got through SEC play undefeated, it's just too tough. It's a complete joke that Auburn got left out a couple of years ago.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
Juice still can't pass worth a s***, I'd be giving McGee some PT this week.

Absolutely. Juice looks like one of those QBs that doesn't improve from his freshman year to his senior year (see Brad Smith). McGee has far greater upside.

You know what? LSU is going undefeated, I just took a look at their schedule (admittedly for the first time) and I don't see a game on there I can even imagine losing. At Kentucky is a trap and by far their hardest road game (Woodson is an amazing QB), but besides that I can't see them losing because all their other tough games are at home, and I don't think any of them are against a team that is as good as Virginia Tech. And the BCS better hope Texas beats Oklahoma, because if they don't (I think Texas will lose to somebody else even if they win that game, especially with their schedule), I could see OU, Penn State, and LSU all going undefeated. And if that happens, uh oh.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 10:15 AM)
You know what? LSU is going undefeated, I just took a look at their schedule (admittedly for the first time) and I don't see a game on there I can even imagine losing. At Kentucky is a trap and by far their hardest road game (Woodson is an amazing QB), but besides that I can't see them losing because all their other tough games are at home, and I don't think any of them are against a team that is as good as Virginia Tech. And the BCS better hope Texas beats Oklahoma, because if they don't (I think Texas will lose to somebody else even if they win that game, especially with their schedule), I could see OU, Penn State, and LSU all going undefeated. And if that happens, uh oh.

Florida and Arkansas at home aren't total pushovers, they can't afford a down game against either of them. Plus there's the SEC title game where they'll get Florida, Tennessee, or Georgia at a neutral site if things go as planned. That's a HUGE issue with SEC teams going undefeated, it's tripped up a few potential title-game teams in recent years. The same goes for Penn State and OSU at home for Penn State. Yeah, being at home helps, but they're still playing fairly comparable teams and you never know what happens.

Also, no USC? Their schedule does have a few more pitfalls, but they'll still be favored in every game, and they typically seem to get better as the year goes on. Their level of athleticism is pretty ridiculous.