Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 10:38 AM)
Another huge improvement from last year is in special teams. Santella has been huge for this team, and it's nice to not have to worry about the punting game losing the game for you.

Yeah, and as Benn gets more healthy and you see him on kick and punt returns, it will improve even more. I am more excited about being at the Wisconsin game as weeks go by.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 09:32 AM)
No more bird in the blender?

That's what it's looking like. The helmets will also be (probabl) either white or gold next year. Hoping for gold. There's also some thought that they may be kind of similar to the throwbacks worn against Iowa.

As stated previously went up to Madison last weekend and was able to get tickets to the Iowa-Wisconsin game. It was a great night for football and the stadium was packed. I was in a section with a bunch of Iowa fans, most were fun, some were lame.

Wisconsin really needs to look at that tape and see that Donovan has problems reading defenses. On multiple occasions Jefferson (14) was open and Donovan would just be staring down Swann. One play was really bad where PJ Hill was open in the flat with no Iowa defenders on that side of the field and he just went into triple coverage to Swan.

Iowa defense played well, its a real loss that Lance Smith cant play away games because that guy looks to be Wisconsin's next Calhoun style runner.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 01:57 PM)
October 13 is going to be a sad day for them . . .

Yeah, I'm sure that convincing 35-32 win Texas has in their only road game they will play prior to that at mighty UCF has the Cyclones trembling with fear. Now October 20th is going to be a VERY sad day for them...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
They'll get up for Texas. Always have.

Oklahoma will likely skullf*** them. ISU has been in the same conference as OU for ages and has 5 wins to show for it.

Do you think they'll win another game this season?

At halftime of the Iowa game, in a fit of anger, I told my dad "those f***ers won't win another game all year." Looking at their schedule, and knowing how they play against teams without a Hawkeye on the side of their helmet, I don't see a sure W.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Do you think they'll win another game this season?

At halftime of the Iowa game, in a fit of anger, I told my dad "those f***ers won't win another game all year." Looking at their schedule, and knowing how they play against teams without a Hawkeye on the side of their helmet, I don't see a sure W.

I think they'll win one more, but I'm not sure where.

The Toledo game didn't do much to sway the argument that Iowa isn't our superbowl, but we lost it in such a freak fashion. ISU's defense was on the field for two minutes in the fourth quarter. Special teams just completely f***ed us over. I don't know if I've ever seen a man as pissed as Gene Chizik doing his show right after that game. He looked like he might eat a soul or two.

The encouraging thing is that our O-line and secondary have improved throught the year.

Yup, I State is the new logo. Cy will remain the mascot.

So far, I-State is the new logo, starting in '08/'09 season. Will be at midfield in football and half court in basketball.

Cardinal helmets with I-State logo. (originally were going white, fans wanted cardinal and that's what we got)

Uniforms look very similar to throwbacks.

Road is white jersey with gold pants or cardinal pants.

Home is cardinal jersey with gold pants.