Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Racism at Rutgers?

SIU had a similar critic to their Saluki Way(a process to reface and rebuild SIU and its athletic facilities) and the signing of head basketball coach Chris Lowery. Its always "Why give the scholarship to the dumb athlete who brings nothing to the university when you can give it to a smart kid in the library?" or "Why sign the coach when you can fix this sidewalk?"

#5 West Virginia visits #19 South Florida this evening at what will be a sold out and very loud Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. South Florida's speed on defense gave the Mountaineers all kinds of hell last year as the Bulls won 24-19 at Morgantown, and I have a feeling that USF will pull off yet another upset in this matchup tonight.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:23 AM)
#5 West Virginia visits #19 South Florida this evening at what will be a sold out and very loud Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. South Florida's speed on defense gave the Mountaineers all kinds of hell last year as the Bulls won 24-19 at Morgantown, and I have a feeling that USF will pull off yet another upset in this matchup tonight.

This game and the Cal-Oregon game should be a lot of fun this weekend. Then of course, you have the game of the year next week with LSU and Florida. Oklahoma-UT as well next weekend. Wow.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:31 AM)
This game and the Cal-Oregon game should be a lot of fun this weekend. Then of course, you have the game of the year next week with LSU and Florida. Oklahoma-UT as well next weekend. Wow.

Amen on next weekend, but for some reason I have a funny feeling Cal is going to have a lot of problems at Oregon. When you get a game like that, you look at the QB's and homefield and Oregon has a huge edge in both categories, so I could see them winning by 2 touchdowns or so.

I wouldn't even call USF beating WV an upset anymore. South Florida is loaded. Their only weakness I have seen so far is that their WR's drop way to many passes. On defense they have two early round corners, an early round DE, and LB's with speed. They are an emerging powerhouse, especially with the talented prick Groethe leading the show.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
I wouldn't even call USF beating WV an upset anymore. South Florida is loaded. Their only weakness I have seen so far is that their WR's drop way to many passes. On defense they have two early round corners, an early round DE, and LB's with speed. They are an emerging powerhouse, especially with the talented prick Groethe leading the show.

Agreed. I don't think anyone would be surprised if USF wins. I'm still taking WVU but that's really a pick 'em imo.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 12:07 PM)
I don't think they are going to pull a 1992 on their asses.

The biggest problem, BY FAR, has been turnovers....which means if they can ever muster a game with a + turnover ratio, they'll have a chance. They've been negative in every game, including the Iowa game.

I've been able to see all four games. It's amazing how good the O-line is doing for basically consisting of walkon talent. ISU has improved with every game, though the results don't support that.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 12:42 PM)
So pumped for tomorrow.

Huge huge game for us. I'll be there.

ILL

INI!

Sigh, I'm going to miss the game though. Not only does RCN STILL not carry the BTN, but I have friends from out of town who are visiting and they could care less about Illinois football, so I can't drag them to a bar. In essence I'm missing Illinois' biggest game in what, 3 or 4 years? Win this game and we not only start getting consideration in the top 25 but we also start establishing the possiblity that we're Big Ten Championship material (*shudders in excitement*).