Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must say that Wisconsin is better than I thought, as they still played tough with Illinois not turning it over and P.J. Hill getting shut down outside of 1 play. However, Wisconsin simply isn't that great of a football team, certainly not a top 5 team, and today showed it. That running game is just something that nobody in the Big 10 outside of probably Ohio State can stop, and the defense dose just enough when it has to. And wow, what an atmosphere today, I hope lots of recruits shows up.

And before Soxbadger tries it, Illinois had just as many important people get hurt today as Wisconsin, and the refs screwed the Illini over badly twice between the phantom 40 yard pass to midfield (that hit the ground) that stood on review, and then the fumble that would have gave it to Illinois at the Wisky 5 up 31-19 with 5 minutes left, so save it. Illinois just was the better team, and the game is over and the final not nearly as close if not for that horrible down call on the kick return after McGee's TD.

Oh, and congrats to the IU fans around here. It's kinda nice to see two "basketball" schools like IU and Illinois having great football revivals at the same time.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 02:17 PM)
What about the 53 yards of offense isn't doing it for you? JC's 4-6 for 16 yards?

I wonder if JC will even be qb'ing in the next couple weeks. I understand he's a sophmore but he doesn't seem to be able to do much anything down the field. Than again Iowa is onto about its 5th or 6th string WR's as there starters.