Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
WHOOO...Iowa wins in Double OT. HELL YES. HUGE game against NU next week. If they pull it out they will still have a shot at a bowl game.

It's a good thing Iowa travels well. Northwestern is kryptonite for the Hawks, but the Gophers are ungodly bad, and Western Michigan should be a win.

If Iowa traveled like, say, Kansas, they could sit at home with a 6-6 record. Then again, the Big 10 probably still has the greatest bowl agreement known to man.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
It's a good thing Iowa travels well. Northwestern is kryptonite for the Hawks, but the Gophers are ungodly bad, and Western Michigan should be a win.

If Iowa traveled like, say, Kansas, they could sit at home with a 6-6 record. Then again, the Big 10 probably still has the greatest bowl agreement known to man.

And Iowa travels like no other when it comes to bowl games. Still, I'm not about to get ahead of myself. The offense is still putrid, although the oline was just fantastic in the second half. That young line is gonna turn this team into some kind of an offense in the next couple years (and if they can land Carufel over Minny that would be sweet).

I knew Mizzou wouldn't cover today (-28.5) because they looked disinterested against Western Michigan and Illinois State. This is Mizzou's first game not against a top 25 team in 3 weeks (since the 2 non-con games I mentioned) so I was expecting a less than stellar performance. The defense disappointed me because they had been doing better. Either way, Mizzou is gonna move up to #9 in the polls as is, maybe higher with more upsets. That's a wow.

Tech losing to Colorado sucks because for another week, another Mizzou win gets devalued.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 27, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
I knew Mizzou wouldn't cover today (-28.5) because they looked disinterested against Western Michigan and Illinois State. This is Mizzou's first game not against a top 25 team in 3 weeks (since the 2 non-con games I mentioned) so I was expecting a less than stellar performance. The defense disappointed me because they had been doing better. Either way, Mizzou is gonna move up to #9 in the polls as is, maybe higher with more upsets. That's a wow.

Tech losing to Colorado sucks because for another week, another Mizzou win gets devalued.

What in the living f*** was going on with our offense at the end? Was it playcalling or Meyer refusing to go downfield?