Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maggsmaggs i was at big 12 tonite and it was amazing. The f'ing THOUGHT that we could be in the national championship at this point of the season is thrilling. When I signed at mizzou I had no idea we would ever even be close. I was just excited to see Brad Smith! This is amazing. If we all win this weekend, the fact that it's pretty much guaranteed that a big 12 school will be in the BCS champ. makes me happy as hell. I hate the Pac 10. I hate the SEC. Go MIZ-ZOU. This is the best year of my life.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 02:17 AM)
yeah in ames...

Tell me, has KU sold out tomorrow's game yet? It's just me, but I can't respect any school that's averaging less fans than ISU per game. :D

If I'm West Virginia, you hope that ISU beats KU, KU beats Mizzou and KU beats Oklahoma.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 09:06 AM)
Tell me, has KU sold out tomorrow's game yet? It's just me, but I can't respect any school that's averaging less fans than ISU per game. :D

If I'm West Virginia, you hope that ISU beats KU, KU beats Mizzou and KU beats Oklahoma.

game will be sold out. next question.

Jimbo, best of luck this weekend. It would absolutely suck if either of us got upset by garbage ass teams. Kstate has a lot to play for in this game, respect after the thumping in NU, senior day, last home game, playing a top 5 team...yikes.

BUT, this MU-KU game is gonna be absolutely epic. What a great addition to such an intense historical rivalry. I think it will be one of the best games I'll ever get to see.

Are you going?

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:28 AM)
Jimbo, best of luck this weekend. It would absolutely suck if either of us got upset by garbage ass teams. Kstate has a lot to play for in this game, respect after the thumping in NU, senior day, last home game, playing a top 5 team...yikes.

BUT, this MU-KU game is gonna be absolutely epic. What a great addition to such an intense historical rivalry. I think it will be one of the best games I'll ever get to see.

Are you going?

of course im going. ill be at a wedding this weekend, god damn fiancee's friend. I have to use text messages to get ku score updates.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

I was shocked how fast arrowhead sold out. When I first heard that, I thought they meant the MU alloted student tickets or something...

nonetheless, see you there!

BIG XII will be #2,#3,#4 this weekend. That's incredible!

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)
I was shocked how fast arrowhead sold out. When I first heard that, I thought they meant the MU alloted student tickets or something...

nonetheless, see you there!

BIG XII will be #2,#3,#4 this weekend. That's incredible!

not quite yet, lets wait and see.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Nov 15, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
Sad to see Oregon lose that way because of Dixon's injury, but Mizzou now controls it own fate. It's a nice feeling.

Thats what happens when you have no defense. regardless they shouldnt have lost to a team that is as bad as Arizona. They arent even going to a bowl game.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:25 AM)
I personally dont see ku or mu going to play lsu...but if they are there, i think your underestimating the ability of reesing and daniels.

bmags and Jimbo...I thought OSU would dominate last year with all that they had. And they didn't...obviously. I just think that Mizzou doesn't have the defense. I don't think KU will beat both Mizzou AND OU. And Oklahoma has some QB troubles. Sam Bradford is going to be real good, but he's had a tough time on the road this year. I could certainly be wrong...but my guess is LSU beats all three of these teams.

3 TDs is an awful lot though. No one, absolutely no one, can stop Mizzou. Their lowest point total this year is 31 points at Oklahoma when they had a horrible first half. I'm not going to say Mizzou is the best team or anything, but it's going to be hard to blow them out when their offense is this good.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:46 PM)
3 TDs is an awful lot though. No one, absolutely no one, can stop Mizzou. Their lowest point total this year is 31 points at Oklahoma when they had a horrible first half. I'm not going to say Mizzou is the best team or anything, but it's going to be hard to blow them out when their offense is this good.

You know damn well Gary Pinkel can stop you guys, it's just a matter of if and when.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:50 PM)
You know damn well Gary Pinkel can stop you guys, it's just a matter of if and when.

He can make them lose, but he doesn't even call plays for the offense. I'm just talking about the offense. I don't think there is a defense that can hold Mizzou under 28 points.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 09:07 AM)
By how much do you think KU or Mizzou would lose to LSU? My guess is at least 3 touchdowns. Sorry.

Kansas I would agree on, but Mizzu is far better than you think. As far as I'm concerned the two best football teams in the country (I say this quite confidently now that Dixon is out) are Okalahoma and LSU (I said this around week 3 of the season and have stuck with that thought). Mizzu went toe to toe with Okalahoma and showed that they are in fact a top 10 football team. Kansas probably will get its asses handed to them later on this year against Mizzu and OU but bottom line, don't Mizzu is a top 10 club that would put up a fight with LSU.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 11:53 PM)
Kansas I would agree on, but Mizzu is far better than you think. As far as I'm concerned the two best football teams in the country (I say this quite confidently now that Dixon is out) are Okalahoma and LSU (I said this around week 3 of the season and have stuck with that thought). Mizzu went toe to toe with Okalahoma and showed that they are in fact a top 10 football team. Kansas probably will get its asses handed to them later on this year against Mizzu and OU but bottom line, don't Mizzu is a top 10 club that would put up a fight with LSU.

And ISU lost to OU by 10 and Mizzou by 14, holding a 7 point lead on OU at half. Iowa lost to ISU by 2, so that means Iowa is damn close, right? :D

On a side note, Northern Iowa is #35 in the Sagarin, somehow.

I'm not saying Mizzou is the best in the country and can beat LSU, what I want to get across is

1. if we beat both KU and OU I think we should be in the national championship.

and

2. That if we do face LSU, I don't think we'd lose by >3 TDs.

Our offense is a well oiled machine. And a spread offense is hard to stop in general, but add to that a great QB, WR (maybe 2 great WR's if you give me will franklin) and the two best TE's in the nation (they are incredible), and I think you at least have an exciting game.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
I'm not saying Mizzou is the best in the country and can beat LSU, what I want to get across is

1. if we beat both KU and OU I think we should be in the national championship.

and

2. That if we do face LSU, I don't think we'd lose by >3 TDs.

Our offense is a well oiled machine. And a spread offense is hard to stop in general, but add to that a great QB, WR (maybe 2 great WR's if you give me will franklin) and the two best TE's in the nation (they are incredible), and I think you at least have an exciting game.

I do think whoever wins the Big 12 deserves the berth in the national championship unless all three have an additional loss beforehand.

You Missouri fans are getting spoiled this year.