Official College Football Thread

I wasn't very fond of that play-calling by Arkansas on that last drive. Four plays, three of them draws and only one of the plays goes to McFadden? I liked the formation with McFadden at QB but I want the best player (arguably) in the country with the ball in his hands when the game's on the line.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
The #1 team in the country just gave up 50 points to an unranked opponent.... They'll still probably win

Nope! A lot of those points came in OT, though.

And the announcers are just dead silent on the air after the INT.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 06:57 PM)
Nope! A lot of those points came in OT, though.

And the announcers are just dead silent on the air after the INT.

Arkansas is not your average unranked opponent... I'd love to see an Arkansas-Hawaii game. Score might be 50-49 at half.

I can't believe Mizzou or Kansas will have a legit claim to #1 at the end of the night.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
Arkansas is not your average unranked opponent... I'd love to see an Arkansas-Hawaii game. Score might be 50-49 at half.

I can't believe Mizzou or Kansas will have a legit claim to #1 at the end of the night.

I'm pretty sure it's one of the signs of the apocalypse.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)
I still think they should start at about the 45, where you need to get a first down to get a field goal, in OT. But, otherwise, yeah.

Is there a well-reasoned argument against college football's OT somewhere on the internet? I'm a fan of the overtime, mainly because it seems aesthetically pleasing, but I'd like to see the point-of-view of those who don't like it...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
Is there a well-reasoned argument against college football's OT somewhere on the internet? I'm a fan of the overtime, mainly because it seems aesthetically pleasing, but I'd like to see the point-of-view of those who don't like it...

The only reason I've heard that some don't like it is that those players are just dead tired and the level of play seems to drop ALOT as the game continues to wear on and on and on. For this same reason, it's not the healthiest thing for the players.

But I personally love it, I would make the change that most want though. Which is to move the ball back to maybe the 40/45

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)

I hate it because college OT is almost a completely different game from football with such a short field. Here's my idea for a good over time that removes the "coin toss" element:

Each team bids on where they'll start the ball. The most disadvantageous bid gets the ball and sudden death play ensues.