Interesting...

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

I don't know about the playoffs, but I still believe we'll end up with a pretty decent W-L total (.500+). This team had way too many talented players underachieving for the first half of the season to have the current record be reflective of their true ability. If anything, I think the next two months will at least prove we're not 3 years away from competing.

Detroit and Cleveland are both struggling and we have alot of games left againts DET, CLE and MIN. We just have to be more consistent. We looked good this weekend but looked like a high school team in the Yankees series.

The Sox are just teases, it won't happen.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 12:17 PM)
anything is possible. We need one of the two in front of us to absolutely go in the tank.

Um two? There's 3 teams at least 5 games ahead of the Sox right now and if only one of them goes in the tank it just means the other 2 teams will get that many more wins when they go head to head. It's going to be virtually impossible to make any sort of run due to the unbalanced scheduling.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
I am looking forward to the future with Richar, Owens, Fields, Danks, and others. I think Danks and Fields are going to be solid for years to come.

+1

We're going to be in decent shape next year.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 12:23 PM)
Um two? There's 3 teams at least 5 games ahead of the Sox right now and if only one of them goes in the tank it just means the other 2 teams will get that many more wins when they go head to head. It's going to be virtually impossible to make any sort of run due to the unbalanced scheduling.

yes and no

from now until sep. 13 the indians schedule is as follows:

white sox - 7 games

yankees - 3 games

detroit - 5 games

tampa bay - 3 games

KC - 3 games

LAA - 4 games

Minnesota - 6 games

Seattle - 1 game

over the course of those 32 games i could easily see them going 15-17

a similar thing can be said about the tigers as they play the yankees a whopping 8 times over their next 32 games

and for the twins, they probably have the easiest remaining schedule but if the sox play good enough ball to catch the tigers and indians i would suffice to say that they have played well enough to catch the twins too

all this being said, the sox still need to

1. win tonight

2. win roughly 22 of their next 32

easier said than done, that will be no easy task for this team or any team for that matter, but if and i say a big if they are able to accomplish those things over the next month here they could find themselves as little as 3 games out come middle of september

yes, it is dreaming, and yes it is far-fetched; however, it is still a possiblity despite the unbalanced schedule

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
yes and no

from now until sep. 13 the indians schedule is as follows:

white sox - 7 games

yankees - 3 games

detroit - 5 games

tampa bay - 3 games

KC - 3 games

LAA - 4 games

Minnesota - 6 games

Seattle - 1 game

over the course of those 32 games i could easily see them going 15-17

a similar thing can be said about the tigers as they play the yankees a whopping 8 times over their next 32 games

and for the twins, they probably have the easiest remaining schedule but if the sox play good enough ball to catch the tigers and indians i would suffice to say that they have played well enough to catch the twins too

all this being said, the sox still need to

1. win tonight

2. win roughly 22 of their next 32

easier said than done, that will be no easy task for this team or any team for that matter, but if and i say a big if they are able to accomplish those things over the next month here they could find themselves as little as 3 games out come middle of september

yes, it is dreaming, and yes it is far-fetched; however, it is still a possiblity despite the unbalanced schedule

looking at this, basically the sox are going to have to get very, very hot (which we already knew) AND we are all going to be big yankees fans for the next month (as they play the tigers 8 times and indians 3)

not this again... are these guys just teases or are they ready to make a serious run?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20050811

the crazy thing is that it may only take 88 wins to take the division this year

which would still require a near impossible 34-13 record from here on out for the sox (which is a 0.72 win percentage)

gonna need to rattle off a 8-10 game win streak not these 4 game streaks here and there