GM Williams Once Again Makes Idiotic Trade!

cortisonshot

This trade was horrible. When I heard the Sox made a trade I was hoping they unloaded Thomas, Konerko or Valentin. Once again Williams trades away our minor league future! A minor league system known for producing recent talent like Ordonez, Buehrle, Crede, Olivo, Cameron, Lee, Marte, Garland, Kip Wells, Fogg and Lee. I know we got Alomar who is great but we will not win this year or next with our pathetic defense at SS and CF along with our terrible bullpen.

Let's see we now have 3 2nd baseman, 3 designated hitters, 3 first basemen and 3 catchers who could all start for the team. It would be nice to add to our other weak positions instead of adding on to the postions on the field which are already filled and trading our future away at the same time!!! I am P?SSED!!!!

This is just another temporary Lofton trade. Williams traded away Fogg, Wells and another pitcher for some nameless starter last year from Pittsburgh who is probably working at McDonald's today. I am livid!!! He also traded away a great defensive fielder Mike Cameron for Konerko who can't hit a lick today. Reinsdorf needs to fire Williams today!!! That's all I have to say.

I will come back to Sox Park when GM Williams is gone and when the Sox once again build up its Minor League system. Until then, see you later - How bout those Bears???

This trade was horrible. When I heard the Sox made a trade I was hoping they unloaded Thomas, Konerko or Valentin. Once again Williams trades away our minor league future! A minor league system known for producing recent talent like Ordonez, Buehrle, Crede, Olivo, Cameron, Lee, Marte, Garland, Kip Wells, Fogg and Lee. I know we got Alomar who is great but we will not win this year or next with our pathetic defense at SS and CF along with our terrible bullpen.

Let's see we now have 3 2nd baseman, 3 designated hitters, 3 first basemen and 3 catchers who could all start for the team. It would be nice to add to our other weak positions instead of adding on to the postions on the field which are already filled and trading our future away at the same time!!! I am P?SSED!!!!

This is just another temporary Lofton trade. Williams traded away Fogg, Wells and another pitcher for some nameless starter last year from Pittsburgh who is probably working at McDonald's today. I am livid!!! He also traded away a great defensive fielder Mike Cameron for Konerko who can't hit a lick today. Reinsdorf needs to fire Williams today!!! That's all I have to say.

I will come back to Sox Park when GM Williams is gone and when the Sox once again build up its Minor League system. Until then, see you later - How bout those Bears???

What did he trade away??? Royce Ring...???? I mean i liked the guy, but we have alot of royce rings in this system (lots of relievers) . Almonte hasnt pitched good for over a year now and the A baller doesnt seem like much either.

And we get Robbie ALomar for FREE..... no money outta our pockets. And if ur worried about losing him after the season is done.... we get first round compensation from whatever team he signs..... no harm no foul.

Sorry to say this, and I know it's fun to rip on Kenny..... but ur wrong on this one, Kenny made a nice move.

What did he trade away??? Royce Ring...???? I mean i liked the guy, but we have alot of royce rings in this system (lots of relievers) . Almonte hasnt pitched good for over a year now and the A baller doesnt seem like much either.

And we get Robbie ALomar for FREE..... no money outta our pockets. And if ur worried about losing him after the season is done.... we get first round compensation from whatever team he signs..... no harm no foul.

Sorry to say this, and I know it's fun to rip on Kenny..... but ur wrong on this one, Kenny made a nice move.

Actually Murcie, we got paid to take Alomar. We got cash considerations also! :D

Our minor league future? The only guy that was ever going to amount to anything really big was Royce Ring....and the only shot Almonte has is to be like Brendan Donelly. Salvo, if I understand correctly, is a backup infielder in A ball.

Pathetic defense at SS? I think SS has actually been one of our better defensive positions. And CF has not been that big of a deal, IMO.

Harris can play CF. Paul is no longer on the roster. The DH's and the 1Bmen are the same ones....so you can drop one of those two arguments. Also, Daubach can play a little OF, if necessary.

This is a VERY good trade for us. We get a 2Bman who hits well, has good speed, good defense and also helps get rid of the dead weight that is D'Angelo Jimenez at 2B. We gave up very little, and WE pay Alomar nothing.

lol dude get a clue.

how can you say we get rid of most of our minor leaguers when almost all those players are still on our team....i think its great that we get a veteran player who can teach jimeniz and harris something and help us win the divison....look who won the world series last year...u never know who will win in this game

What would have been a good trade in your opinion? Robby Alomar for Armando Rios? Deals like that don't happen. We had to give the Mets something, jesus they already are paying 85% of his contract. Royce Ring will be a good pitcher no doubt, and Edwin Almonte could possibly be one too. However even I know that you have to give up some talent to get what you need to make a run for the playoffs.

CWSOX45

What would have been a good trade in your opinion? Robby Alomar for Armando Rios? Deals like that don't happen. We had to give the Mets something, jesus they already are paying 85% of his contract. Royce Ring will be a good pitcher no doubt, and Edwin Almonte could possibly be one too. However even I know that you have to give up some talent to get what you need to make a run for the playoffs.

CWSOX45

SOme people just feel more comfortable b****ing. That way, when or if things go wrong, they have an excuse. Im sure glad i dont live my life like that. :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

i love this trade.....whats not to love about it.. it finally gives us someone at the defensive 2nd base role that you cant beat ........and it makes jimenez sit his lazy ass down for a while.... as long as robbie keeps his spit to himself this deal is tops in my book.......we dont need any more problems with umps.......lol :lol:

i love this trade.....whats not to love about it.. it finally gives us someone at the defensive 2nd base role that you cant beat ........and it makes jimenez sit his lazy ass down for a while.... as long as robbie keeps his spit to himself this deal is tops in my book.......we dont need any more problems with umps.......lol :lol:

Is HSC praising KW? :o ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Phew I thought hell was freezing over :)

ha ha ha ha.. no put your winter jacket away.. hell did not freeze over.. actually its about 80 something degrees....lol.....i think i put it somewhere else that i got from my source today that mr. hahn made this deal... do you seriously think that if kw were to pull this off, it wouldnt have cost us more and a huge salary to boot???????? :D :lol:

ha ha ha ha.. no put your winter jacket away.. hell did not freeze over.. actually its about 80 something degrees....lol.....i think i put it somewhere else that i got from my source today that mr. hahn made this deal... do you seriously think that if kw were to pull this off, it wouldnt have cost us more and a huge salary to boot???????? :D  :lol:

Michelle...hypothetical situation here... if we were to say...Win the World Series... would u give KW some props?

I honestly believe that Kenny has made some nice moves since the Ritchie trade. (Barring Durham for Adkins)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Michelle...hypothetical situation here... if we were to say...Win the World Series... would u give KW some props?

I honestly believe that Kenny has made some nice moves since the Ritchie trade. (Barring Durham for Adkins)

*thinking* hmmmmmm... nope....his ego just wont let me do that honestly.........

*thinking* hmmmmmm... nope....his ego just wont let me do that honestly.........

What does Kenneth do to turn you off so much to him?

Guest hotsoxchick1

on a personal level.. nothing, i have always said hes a nice guy... on a professional level.. where do you want me to start the list???? i dont think the server would be able to handle all i have to say about how he pisses me off during his stint as gm...... ;)

on a personal level.. nothing, i have always said hes a nice guy... on a professional level.. where do you want me to start the list???? i dont think the server would be able to handle all i have to say about how he pisses me off during his stint as gm...... ;)

I'd like to see the limits of the server tested, Michelle. Who knows, I may be able to add a few. ;-)

Guest hotsoxchick1

I'd like to see the limits of the server tested, Michelle. Who knows, I may be able to add a few. ;-)

im thinking yours will out do mine......... :D one nite we should get together on the im and test the limits.......... :headbang

In 5 years, if he is the next Lee Smith, Ill be mad. But then again, if in 5 years, the Sox finally won a pennant, Royce ring for Roberto Alomar will seem like a good idea.

What makes you think Ring will be converted into a reliever? Why do you set your standards so low as to win a pennant. Winning a pennant use to mean something when there were a total of 4 divisions. Now we have the watered down 6 divisions. I say if we do not make the ALCS Championship game, all these trades will be a dissapointment.

Everyone here raise your hand if you saw Rocky Biddle saving 20 games for the sox this year?

All Manuel had to do is change Biddle (who has 22 saves, obviously the Expos had faith in Biddle as a closer) from a starter to a closer. I think Managers should know enough about baseball to try players in different situations.

http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/compose.as...id=428&rptsn=42

Royce Ring for Roberto Alomar just doesnt seem as scary as you are making it out to be.

Alomar still has a nice glove but no offense anymore. He has hit .270 during his 12-16th Major League Baseball seasons on average. He is pretty much just a .250 hitter today. I rather keep Ring.

the kid was a first round pick, but then again, MANY people have been first round draft picks

Then you tell me who is going to fit into the Sox pitching starting rotation who is now in our minor leagues when we know at least half of our current starting rotation will no longer be around especially Buehrle & Colon? Just a reminder pitching is 90% of the game.

Also, as I have stated on this board many times, our RELIEF PITCHING is a huge weakness. You cannot win in the playoffs without good Relief Pitching. Right now BILLY GOAT does not have it. GM Williams will not admit he made a mistake on BILLY GOAT until the end of the year. By that time, it will be too late and all these trades become meaningless anyway!

What makes you think Ring will be converted into a reliever?

Uh, hello? We drafted Ringer AS a closer out of San Diego State.

. I say if we do not make the ALCS Championship game, all these trades will be a dissapointment

We will get compensation draft picks for most of these guys. All we have to do is offer them arbitration. If they accept, we have them next year. If they decline, we get good draft picks. We could have 10-14 first round and sandwich picks this year....ATLEAST. In all actuality, we could have like 16 draft picks. That's probably not happening, but 10 is almost guaranteed if we do offer arbitration to a lot of these guys.

Alomar still has a nice glove but no offense anymore.

Can you explain to me how he hit .300 as a lefty in a situation where he was not comfortable then? Apparently, hitting .300 when you are in a situation you do not like is s***ty.

Then you tell me who is going to fit into the Sox pitching starting rotation who is now in our minor leagues when we know at least half of our current starting rotation will no longer be around especially Buehrle & Colon?

Let's see, assuming the Sox do some things smart next year....the rotation could very well be Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland, Wright, Rauch/Stewart. What's wrong with that rotation? Buehrle's not a FA until 2006, and assuming we pick up Loaiza's option, we have him next year too. We could also resign Colon, but that would take up a ton of money. Resigning Colon is a big ? in my mind.

Also, as I have stated on this board many times, our RELIEF PITCHING is a huge weakness

Thank you Captain Obvious. I didn't know that :bang