GM Williams Once Again Makes Idiotic Trade!

cortisonshot

Man, I hate to sound condescending, but cortisone, if you can't do better than that, how about skipping posting on this board? Or at least just read the posts for awhile so you can learn a few things. That was one of the weakest efforts I have seen since I joined this board 6 months ago.

Man, I hate to sound condescending, but cortisone, if you can't do better than that, how about skipping posting on this board?  Or at least just read the posts for awhile so you can learn a few things.  That was one of the weakest efforts I have seen since I joined this board 6 months ago.

oh i don't know about that. i am sure i came in with some stupid things before. actually i am sure of that.

:D

Guest hotsoxchick1
oh i don't know about that. i am sure i came in with some stupid things before. actually i am sure of that.

yeah but out of you its expected......... :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
What the hell has our 'great' minor league produced for us?  no WS in how many damn years??

hmm lets see...frank, maggs, buehrle, olivo to name a few......... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
i mean in terms of rings.  all those good players havent produced jack s***.

well in terms of rings the barons took the southern league championship last year.. they have a ring....... :D

i mean in terms of rings.  all those good players havent produced jack s***.

And how many players DO produce a ring? In the past 10 years, 6 teams have won a World Series. That is 6 out of 28 or 30(depending on what time period you look at).

We have produced a lot of good ones....like a lot of other farm systems.

Let's see now with all those SO-CALLED AWESOME TRADES everyone on the board is talking about, we now LOST the SERIES to the HAPLESS TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS. This just further proves all of you are full of it about the trades.

Let's see under GM Kenny Williams we have ....

-downgraded defensively in Center Field. Everett is no center fielder. He has always played the corners of the outfield Adding his bad leg to the equation is added proof he does not belong in CF. He is a downgrade defensively compared to Rowand.

-downgraded the Bullpen. Billy Goat does not have it and cannot close games. I don't care if Biddle plays for Montreal. He still has 22 saves before All Star break we do not have. Just look at Osuna and Foulkes stats also. There is no doubt the Sox downgraded in the bullpen.

-downgraded at 2nd Base. I see Alomar making the same mistakes on the base paths as Jimenez! Yesterday he gets doubled off of second base. Sure does not look like he came to play to me! Also, its not about what you have done five years ago, its about what you have done for me this year. Alomar is definitely an offensive downgrade at 2nd base.

2003 Average Alomar - .268

Durham - .313

-while downgrading at all these positions Kenny Williams has depleted our Minor League system with all these changes which were supposed to improve our club.

-Ah Yes. Can you tell me when we will be refunded by the Pirates when we got robbed trading away Fogg and Kipp Wells for vitually nothing?? Last I checked the starting pitcher we recieved in this trade is no where to be found on our roster. It would be nice if Kenny would at least ask the Pirates for a BAG of BALLS for making the charity trade with the Pirates.

-Still 1B has never been addressed defensively. Frank Thomas still cannot throw anyone out at second base. At least he tried it yesterday. A few years ago in the playoffs Seattle showed us Thomas could not field bunts and therefore Seattle bunted their way to a sweep over the Sox in the playoffs. This problem should have been rectified by now!!!

-Still have a SS who commits many errors! Valentin should not be with this club.

I have addressed a few of the many problems on the Sox. I want them to win but I just do not see the RIGHT MOVES being done at certain positions or NO MOVES being made at postions which have been crying for help for years. It seems this team is overly stacked with players who either play positions in the CORNERS or DH. Why? I don't get it!

Face it, with the new trades this team has increased the number of weaknesses on its team as well as AGING the team at the same time. The proof is in the pudding. The Sox are LOSING to the DEVIL RAYS and they are still BELOW .500. Last I checked a playoff team had to be at least .500 and should be able to beat Tampa Bay.

How bout them Bears????

-downgraded defensively in Center Field. Everett is no center fielder. He has always played the corners of the outfield Adding his bad leg to the equation is added proof he does not belong in CF. He is a downgrade defensively compared to Rowand.

Duh, we take a hit defensively to get better offensively. Common sense? I think so.

-downgraded the Bullpen. Billy Goat does not have it and cannot close games. I don't care if Biddle plays for Montreal. He still has 22 saves before All Star break we do not have. Just look at Osuna and Foulkes stats also. There is no doubt the Sox downgraded in the bullpen.

He did NOT downgrade the bullpen in these trades. Nice try though. Coming into the season, the bullpen looked like it was going to be very good. Then Koch failed to hit 97...and 95....and now, he ever so rarely hits 93. White got lit in June, and Glover hasn't worked in what seems like 30 games. But on the contrary, Gordon has been better then we could have wanted, Marte has been lights out, and when Wunsch has pitched, he has been pretty damn good as well.

-downgraded at 2nd Base. I see Alomar making the same mistakes on the base paths as Jimenez! Yesterday he gets doubled off of second base. Sure does not look like he came to play to me! Also, its not about what you have done five years ago, its about what you have done for me this year. Alomar is definitely an offensive downgrade at 2nd base.

Anyone could have gotten doubled up there. He misread the ball off the bat, but I'd rather have him misread it like he did instead of killing us in a game like Jimenez did against Minnesota, not scoring on that hit to RF. He thought the ball was hit harder then it was, and he was off towards home. If that ball is hit a little harder, it falls in and he scores. That's aggressive baserunning, and in my book, that's fine. Jimenez would not have been doubled off on that one, and that is not alright in my book.

Can you tell me when we will be refunded by the Pirates when we got robbed trading away Fogg and Kipp Wells for vitually nothing?

Well, we did get the best lefty in the league from Pittsburgh, and Ruddy Yan could be traded in the Everett deal. Everett and Marte is about the same as Wells and Fogg in my book. They're close enough.

Still 1B has never been addressed defensively. Frank Thomas still cannot throw anyone out at second base. At least he tried it yesterday.

It never will be. I would rather have Frank of old hitting up there and fielding s***ty then having the Frank that hits .270 as a DH with weaker power numbers up there and having a good defensive 1Bman.

Still have a SS who commits many errors! Valentin should not be with this club.

He has 10 errors....compared to the average SS in the league, he is actually pretty good. Angel Berroa in KC has 19. I think Tejada is also over 15, as well as Furcal. He also has very good range and he and Alomar form the best DP combo in the league. Can you tell me how many people can turn that DP they did in the first inning? I'd have to say, excluding those two, the number is around 0.

You have fun watching the Bears. I'd rather watch the Sox win a few games and see if they can't win the division.

JM says he still needs to see Everett a few more times to determine if he can play CF. Has he watched the games? Who are our major league scouts? Shoudn't they have know he can't play center? I like his bat, maybe they got him to play a corner and one of our corners is going to go.

Since the trades we lost the series to lowly Tampa Bay and Detroit.

All I can say is I told you all this was a BAD TRADE!

Umm...trade or trades?

And what has Everett and/or Alomar not done since the trades?

Alomar has gotten on base, even with a .240 average with us he only has 1 weak error thus far.

Everett should NOT be playing CF...He should be DH'ing with Thomas at first and it shows with how many balls dropped in front of him yesterday that HArris or Rowand would have had easily.

Other then that. it has not been the trades as to why we have been losing, you momo. IT'S THE USUAL SUSPECTS FROM BEFORE THE TRADES!!!

Somewhere i think baseballprimer.com they talked about the recipe for success. I know sometimes the jackola that writes these articles makes some pretty stupid remarks like about E-Lo. He had some good thoughts about success though. When he got to the Whitesox, everything on the offensive side was the opposite. He said you build a team around speed and more importantly, the ability to manufacture runs. Solid defense is huge too unless you have a staff of pitchers that can lead the league in strikeouts (see Cubs).

Guys like Pat Gillick in Seattle have traded away guys like Griffey in his prime and lost a guy like Alex Rodriguez in his free agency. I think we all know the Mariners have been pretty dominant since. The Angels last year were a team that could hit and move runners alot. I believe they were near the top in steals and batting average. They had very little pop in their lineup in terms of HR power. I liked teams like the '98 and '99 Sox because they would run, hit alot, and put alot of pressure on the other team. After 2000, I think alot of the Sox realized they could beat the league by crushing the ball and ended up corpseballing their way through the 2nd half and the playoffs of that season. Since then we really have had an inconsistent offense. Even years like last year where we were near the top in runs scored, it was a very Jekyll/Hyde thing. You score 11 runs one game and 2 or 3 in the next few and you will average 4 or 5 runs per game but have a pretty sad W-L record. This year we have had even less of those 11 run outbursts and I think more people are finally realizing how terrible this offense really is.