White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/04/07 (W)

max power

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
Hawk just said he was obsessed with having a better year than Yastremski in 1968, and then said he did have a better year.

What do you think?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1968.shtml

More homers and RBIs and a better slugging percentage for Hawk. He finished third in MVP voting, six spots ahead of Yaz.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 08:36 PM)
Seriously, he'd be a great bench player. No way in hell should we go into a season with him as a starter though.

If we make a change with our manager sure. You think Oz will use him in a role like that? If we sign Rowand and keep Dye, maybe. Other than that I think he'll start in 08.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
No apologies needed. I was just saying. I think Sabathia, and Buehrle is my long shot.

im not sure CC has the drive to keep himself in good enough shape to endure season after season, inning after inning.... but he was my first guess as well.

im not sure CC has the drive to keep himself in good enough shape to endure season after season, inning after inning.... but he was my first guess as well.

Or Johan. Possibly Felix Hernandez if he stays healthy.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
More homers and RBIs and a better slugging percentage for Hawk. He finished third in MVP voting, six spots ahead of Yaz.

Yeah, the slugging percentage is a little bit higher, but Yaz had more hits, a better average, more doubles, SB, Walks, and OBP.

Its a good debate, even though Hawk has the trump card with the MVP votes

Hawk is doing a nice PR job on Uribe. How we know what we got. How he is a great defensive SS, and he can drive in a lot of runs. And we have more problems than a Juan Uribe.

This after Juan strikes out on a pitch that was neck high on the outside corner.