White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/05/07 (W)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:51 PM)
Could always dh Bonds and unload Thome for a hell of a package. Just throwing that out there.

You would let go of Jim Thome, one of the best and classiest people out there for the games biggest prima donna?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
You would let go of Jim Thome, one of the best and classiest people out there for the games biggest prima donna?

I would trade Thome even if we couldn't get Bonds. He's old and this team needs to get younger, not older and while it may lead the Sox to taking a step back, it will also infuse the club with at least 2 top level prospects and probably an additional good prospect and that is exactly what this organization needs.

To be able to than get a bat like Bonds would be a freaking coup (plus it would be a brilliant move as regardless of people's feelings on Bonds...it would also really help assure the Sox would once again have very good attendance).

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)

I can't stand Bonds but I'd learn to love him. Getting Barry and unloading Thome could make the team so much better.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
I can't stand Bonds but I'd learn to love him. Getting Barry and unloading Thome could make the team so much better.

I wouldn't watch or care about a game any season with that man on the team. I might even depart from this board if we signed him. They could win the World Series with him, and I wouldn't care one bit. I'd cheer for every single opponent of the Sox that year. Including the Cubs.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
I wouldn't watch or care about a game any season with that man on the team. I might even depart from this board if we signed him. They could win the World Series with him, and I wouldn't care one bit. I'd cheer for every single opponent of the Sox that year. Including the Cubs.

Well if it meant the loss of you, I might have to reconsider. :P Like I said, I can't stand the guy but I want this team to win. Until he's ever suspended for anything it can't do anything but help the Sox.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)

So where does Barry's recliner go in the clubhouse? I don't see how Bonds for Thome makes the Sox "so much better." The extra walks and/or steroid induced homers you would get would be negated by the crappy chemistry of the team.

I will never learn to love a player with such a disgusting attitude and I hope he never plays a single day in Chicago.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)

Kenny Williams' job is to put talent on the field, not put together a club of "good citizens".

I see while posting here that MacDougal blew the shut out and gave up another homer. He had one good outing in three since coming back. The bullpen needs the overhaul and not consider giving up a guy like Jim Thome, or even letting Dye go.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)
So where does Barry's recliner go in the clubhouse? I don't see how Bonds for Thome makes the Sox "so much better." The extra walks and/or steroid induced homers you would get would be negated by the crappy chemistry of the team.

I will never learn to love a player with such a disgusting attitude and I hope he never plays a single day in Chicago.

Not just Bonds for Thome but it'd be Bonds and a hell of a nice package for Thome.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Kenny Williams' job is to put talent on the field, not put together a club of "good citizens".

Then I suggest we go out and get Tom Seaver. He's talent.

How many more years of usefulness does this asshole bonds have in him?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)

You seriously think the Sox should sign Bonds? Big distraction, career is going down hill... we need young players who can play defense and utilize some speed, not a 43 year old club house cancer who is way past his prime.

I see while posting here that MacDougal blew the shut out and gave up another homer. He had one good outing in three since coming back. The bullpen needs the overhaul and not consider giving up a guy like Jim Thome, or even letting Dye go.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:01 PM)

Hawk and DJ were also talking about Mac had been pitching with some pain. I would bet we see a better pitcher out there now.