White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/05/07 (W)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
You seriously think the Sox should sign Bonds? Big distraction, career is going down hill... we need young players who can play defense and utilize some speed, not a 43 year old club house cancer who is way past his prime.

Career is going downhill? I want more of those guys -- you know, guys putting up .500 OBPs. I'll take those types all day.

Clubhouse cancer? Hmm -- didn't seem that way with all of his teammates coming out and giving him the congrats on tying the record last night. I think the media overblows that a helluva lot.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
You seriously think the Sox should sign Bonds? Big distraction, career is going down hill... we need young players who can play defense and utilize some speed, not a 43 year old club house cancer who is way past his prime.

That 1.049 ops of his would cripple the offense.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)

The Sox would be a much better team with Bonds. Pop him in at DH. 1.000+ OPS, 275 average or so, 30 or so home runs, possible more at US Cellular. Plus, all the focus on him would take off all the pressure from the rest of the guys.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Career is going downhill? I want more of those guys -- you know, guys putting up .500 OBPs. I'll take those types all day.

Clubhouse cancer? Hmm -- didn't seem that way with all of his teammates coming out and giving him the congrats on tying the record last night. I think the media overblows that a helluva lot.

lol

thats all i can say to this "Sign Bonds!" nonsense

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
he won't, kw isn't dumb enough to sign that guy

I agree. I hate this idea that we aren't in the business to have good citizens, but to win. Where in the hell does the rulebook say you can't win with guys like Konerko and Mark Buehrle? It is the high character guys with talent you want. I WANT to root for the Sox, because I like the players NOT just because I root for the uni.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
HOW THE f*** IS BARRY BONDS CAREER GOING DOWNHILL?

he's 43, slow, and body is breaking down. understand? Sox aren't signing bonds kid, get over it and go play nintendo or somethin

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
1.) He didn't even attempt to get back to 2nd. 2.) I have a sneaking suspicion he ran on his own.

Like he had a chance when he was at 3rd base. Nothing wrong with trying to get to 3rd with 1 out.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)

Then why in a recent poll of major league players he was ranked #1 as the biggest jerk, even ahead of Jeff Kent, who is a notorious prick?

Bonds will never play a day in Chicago. I hope the turd retires at the end of this year and becomes a motivational speaker for crack addicts.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
I agree. I hate this idea that we aren't in the business to have good citizens, but to win. Where in the hell does the rulebook say you can't win with guys like Konerko and Mark Buehrle? It is the high character guys with talent you want. I WANT to root for the Sox, because I like the players NOT just because I root for the uni.

That's not saying you "can't" win with "good guys". But you're sacrificing making you're team a helluva lot better because you want to keep the clubhouse "neat and tidy". I'll repeat that the whole clubhouse cancer thing is overblown. AJ had nothing but good things to say about Bonds. Bochy seems to love him. He got into it with Jeff Kent who is a dick in his own right.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)
he's 43, slow, and body is breaking down. understand? Sox aren't signing bonds kid, get over it and go play nintendo or somethin

Thats enough of that. Keep it civil.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 03:09 PM)

Ya I guess if you ignore the fact that he LEADS THE f***ING LEAGUE IN OPS, and is getting on base almost every other plate appearance he is going down hill.

Haha go play Nintendo, good one, when you have no legit argument say stupid s***, good plan.

Edited by WHarris1