White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/05/07 (W)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
He doesn't look overmatched like Anderson or Sweeney did, so that's definitely good to see. I'm still reserving judgement but so far, so good.

Sweeney never looked overmatched, he just looked like he wasn't ready because he doesn't get agressive with the inside pitch. Anderson just looked worse than practically every pitcher in baseball (damn near including Randy Johnson).

Its nice to see FIelds/Richar come up and at times look good. Hell, even Owens since coming back the second time up looks relatively comfortable. All of them got a s***load to work on but I could see all having long major league careers (how good they will be who knows, but I think all stick up for some time).

Now if only at one point we can swing Pods or Erstad in an August deal for a low A type of guy (I still think if both show they are healthy they can add some value to a possible contender at very little cost) to open up a spot for Sweeney to get Ab's as well.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 06:51 PM)
Sweeney never looked overmatched, he just looked like he wasn't ready because he doesn't get agressive with the inside pitch.

After his first week or so, all a pitcher had to two was plant a fastball on the inner half of the plate and Sweeney was meat.

Yep, his pitch count must be a bit high, but he should have a couple less hits and probably 1-2 more k's (based on some shady calls by the umps). But he's pitched over the defenses mistakes and the umps calls and had a great game through 5. I want to see him get through at least 6 though.

I would keep him out there, but no matter what happens let him start again. 5 shut out innings is huge and if the Sox had any sort of reliability in the pen they could let him walk away with a lot of confidence. As it is Id hope he can get through 2 more, but thats a lot to ask.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
Yep, his pitch count must be a bit high, but he should have a couple less hits and probably 1-2 more k's (based on some shady calls by the umps). But he's pitched over the defenses mistakes and the umps calls and had a great game through 5. I want to see him get through at least 6 though.

84 pitches. So he should have at least another inning in him.