White Sox Winner!!!!!

Rowand44

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 05:00 PM)
I guess we finally get to see what Kenny saw in Floyd. If he can pitch to his potential the guy has a serious chance to be a solid starter for this team.

No one ever questioned his stuff (even the Phillies)...they questioned his brain. Today...it looked like he was pitching with confidence. Hopefully...this was the start that turned the corner for him.

No one ever questioned his stuff (even the Phillies)...they questioned his brain. Today...it looked like he was pitching with confidence. Hopefully...this was the start that turned the corner for him.

I agree with you but for one item, many here questioned his stuff in addition to the intangibles. Several said his fastball is straight as an arrow, they should ask Sean Casey because the fastball he struck out on moved a good six inches. He was mixing in a two seamer and a four seamer.

Gavin Floyd was impressive today but he still has hurdles to overcome. Maintain his mechanics, maintain focus, and pitch inside. I suspect he will get a good opportunity the rest of '07.

I went to the games Friday and Saturday so I didn't see today's game, but damn what got into Gavin Floyd? I must say I am impressed with Richar though, and damn that homer Josh hit was a bomb. Also, I sat in the UD behind home plate for the Saturday night game, and just a few rows above me was a crazy ass (I assume) bus group of Sox fans that were going crazy all game. They were great too, didn't swear or anything, none of them even got kicked out, although they got like half a dozen Tigers fans kicked out, and sang na na na na, hey, goodbye after each one left. Also, I f***ing hate everything about Detroit and Tiger fans are dicks. :)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:35 AM)
I went to the games Friday and Saturday so I didn't see today's game

What did you think about the ballpark? I went there a couple of years ago and thought the park was beautiful, but man -- the surrounding area makes the Bridgeport of a couple years ago look like a walk in the park. Yikes -- parking was definitely an "adventure" -- have things changed at all?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
What did you think about the ballpark? I went there a couple of years ago and thought the park was beautiful, but man -- the surrounding area makes the Bridgeport of a couple years ago look like a walk in the park. Yikes -- parking was definitely an "adventure" -- have things changed at all?

Put it this way....Mike Wilbon's description of Detroit as "Beirut" is dead on.

I can't believe we're only 10 games out as bad as we played.

I also agree it's not going to happen, but if we were to win 10 in a row, we'd likely

have the gap down to about 6 games and then it would be actually possible.

That said... we'll probably get our ass kicked by Cleve.

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 12:46 AM)
sox go on incredible run and its an all windy city series come october.

Will you stop it already? I've looked at four separate threads now and you have this same stuff everywhere. Optimism is all good and everything, but to just keep saying crap just to read yourself say good things is bordering on trolling.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:06 AM)
Put it this way....Mike Wilbon's description of Detroit as "Beirut" is dead on.

Detroit is SO bad. It's been a few years since I have been up that way, and the economy is way worse now then it was then, so I can only imagine. You talk about America's armpit.... now it's America's big, hairy, depressed arm pit. I do like the stadium; it was supposed to be a revitalization along with Ford Field. Well, the auto industry has to pick up for there to be anything to revitalize... only time will tell.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:21 PM)
Detroit is SO bad. It's been a few years since I have been up that way, and the economy is way worse now then it was then, so I can only imagine. You talk about America's armpit.... now it's America's big, hairy, depressed arm pit. I do like the stadium; it was supposed to be a revitalization along with Ford Field. Well, the auto industry has to pick up for there to be anything to revitalize... only time will tell.

Hahahaha, I have to send that to my friend in detroit.