Art Howe on Alomar

Joel

He had some good comments saying

that Alomar gave him all he had and played hard every game.

I got this from MSG

Yeah i just saw that and its VERY encouraging. At least the guy didnt stop giving 100 percent.

Art Howe is considered a player's manager for a reason. He was being diplomatic about Alomar even though it painfully obvious Roberto has been jaking it since he came to NY. He did not run out grounders. He bunted (more than once) with two strikes and no one on. He nonchalanted grounders. turning double plays into big innings. He has 22 - twenty two - RBI. Worst of all, he acted like he was hitting .340. This guy was awful. He showed us NOTHING. Met fans HATED him. We were happy to see him go, even though we have to pay for him! I'd be happy if we got NOTHING in return. It was insulting watching his mediocre performance game after game.

Art Howe is considered a player's manager for a reason.  He was being diplomatic about Alomar even though it painfully obvious Roberto has been jaking it since he came to NY.  He did not run out grounders.  He bunted (more than once) with two strikes and no one on.  He nonchalanted grounders. turning double plays into big innings.  He has 22 - twenty two - RBI.  Worst of all, he acted like he was hitting .340.  This guy was awful.  He showed us NOTHING.  Met fans HATED him.  We were happy to see him go, even though we have to pay for him! I'd be happy if we got NOTHING in return.  It was insulting watching his mediocre performance game after game.

I think I would dog it too if I was playing for the crappy-ass mets.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

1,000s of New Yorkers can't be wrong. Let's hope he turns it around being on a winner. I believe he will. This may be a rare trade that everyone is happy in the end.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I just hope Robbie leaves his "New York state of mind" behind.

robbie didnt like new york so i imagine he will leave lots behind him........

it didn't appear he liked the Mets too much. after all, it wasn't his choice to go there, right?

I think he'll be alright, however, I don't see him returning to the alomar of 2001, not by a long shot.

main thing is the defense and experience he brings. offensively, I think he'll be solid.

it didn't appear he liked the Mets too much.  after all, it wasn't his choice to go there, right?

I think he'll be alright, however, I don't see him returning to the alomar of 2001, not by a long shot.

main thing is the defense and experience he brings.  offensively, I think he'll be solid.

What do you think is realistic for him in the last 79 games in the season?

290 7 35?

it didn't appear he liked the Mets too much.  after all, it wasn't his choice to go there, right?

main thing is the defense and experience he brings.  offensively, I think he'll be solid.

That's good enough for me. If he does that, it's a good deal.