Charlotte vs. Richmond, tied 4-4 in the 8th

Massett with a very good outing. 6 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 0 R

Rogowski 2-4 w/ a HR and an RBI

Collaro 3-3 with 1 RBI and.... A WALK!

Lucy struggling, 0-4 with the three K's

Birmingham @ Mobile, Barons leading 8-1 in the 5th... GIO GOOD

Gio is a'ight. So far through 4: 4 IP (and counting), 2 h, 2 BB, 1 R, 9 K's

David Cook with 2 hits and 4 RBI's

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
nothing else really exciting to report on white sox farm system. W-s lost, Kanny off. Great falls just beginning and Bristol lost, I think.

Line for Gio for the night:

6 IP 3 H 1 R 1 ER 3 BB 11 SO

Meh.

QUOTE(Calderon @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
What in the world has gotten into David Cook?

I was just wondering the same thing. It's a shame he's already 26. He's having a solid season (though I know he was repeating W-S and repeated Kanny).

Also, Collaro is 5-10 with 3 doubles and 3 walks at Charlotte. He also has 3 Ks, but that's a good start.

Nice to see Masset translating well to starting. 3 long stints (starts), only 2 ER over 16 innings.

Yes, that's been the best news from Charlotte recently. He and Aardsma are apparantly out of options next year per a Trib article from yesterday, so it's very important the White Sox determine asap if either can contribute.

I'm not so sure about Aardsma because he seems a bit of a head case to me, but I like Masset's arm, despite his disastrous showing with the Sox this year. To me, he is a decent 5th starter candidate and can make other guys like Broadway and McCullough very tradeable.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
Gio needs to be in Charlotte.

For pitchers, the White Sox don't generally view AAA as a necessary stepping stone. There have been several instances where our pitching prospects are promoted immidiately to AA, most notably Jenks and Day. With the season winding down, priority number one should be keeping him healthy -- he's on pace for right around the same IP as last season. Since he'd only get (at most) four starts in Charlotte, I'd just keep him in AA for the rest of the year and perhaps bring him up as a September call-up in a relief role.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
I'd just keep him in AA for the rest of the year and perhaps bring him up as a September call-up in a relief role.

I sure hope he gets called up in Sept. - I've been dying to see him pitch. I've seen the praise for his curve and changeup - considering that he only started throwing a change in ST, I'd say that he's making excellent progress. I've also seen that he averages perhaps 93 on the heater, but is it straight or does it move nicely? Given that he does give up a few dingers, maybe it's a little straighter than we'd like. Other than his size, I don't see any other negatives. He seems to have made good strides with his control as well.

DLS will hopefully be ready by '09. One hit every two innings is a sick stat at any level. If those two succeed, the Sox should be a serious contender at that time. Maybe too many holes to fill for '08, but I've been wrong before.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 05:05 PM)
For pitchers, the White Sox don't generally view AAA as a necessary stepping stone. There have been several instances where our pitching prospects are promoted immidiately to AA, most notably Jenks and Day. With the season winding down, priority number one should be keeping him healthy -- he's on pace for right around the same IP as last season. Since he'd only get (at most) four starts in Charlotte, I'd just keep him in AA for the rest of the year and perhaps bring him up as a September call-up in a relief role.

Ahh, and some dude named Buehrle right?

That being said, Gio does need to be up simply because he deserves the call and Charlotte has a couple starters that have no upside.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
Ahh, and some dude named Buehrle right?

As well as Dan Wright, Brandon McCarthy, Rocky Biddle, Kip Wells, Aaron Myette, Matt Ginter, Neal Cotts, Carlos Castillo (called up from high A ball) and Jesus Pena.

That's since 1999

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
As well as Dan Wright, Brandon McCarthy, Rocky Biddle, Kip Wells, Aaron Myette, Matt Ginter, Neal Cotts, Carlos Castillo (called up from high A ball) and Jesus Pena.

That's since 1999

Didn't Danksy also skip AAA?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)

That's since 1999

How could you forget your boy Boone

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
Didn't Danksy also skip AAA?

In the Sox org yes, Rangers org no

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)

another prime example of that, IIRC, is Buehrle.

QUOTE(Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
I sure hope he gets called up in Sept. - I've been dying to see him pitch. I've seen the praise for his curve and changeup - considering that he only started throwing a change in ST, I'd say that he's making excellent progress. I've also seen that he averages perhaps 93 on the heater, but is it straight or does it move nicely? Given that he does give up a few dingers, maybe it's a little straighter than we'd like. Other than his size, I don't see any other negatives. He seems to have made good strides with his control as well.

DLS will hopefully be ready by '09. One hit every two innings is a sick stat at any level. If those two succeed, the Sox should be a serious contender at that time. Maybe too many holes to fill for '08, but I've been wrong before.

DLS could be ready by '09, but I think they should take it slower with him. Let him increase his innings a little bit next year between high A and AA, and then repeat again in '09. If he's up by '10, that would be magnificent.

QUOTE(Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)

He's supposed to have some nice movement. Ozzie was raving about him in ST. He loved how much movement he had and said his stuff is good enough for the majors now while in ST.

I found a couple articles.

"Manager Ozzie Guillen watched Gonzalez throw two or three early bullpen side sessions and immediately remarked that Gonzalez's velocity was stronger than he anticipated."

"Gonzalez just earned the praise of Guillen after Sunday's bullpen session, impressing the man in charge with the velocity and movement he had on his pitches. In talking with the young left-hander for just a few minutes this morning, you get the impression of an individual who is truly energized by the challenge of competing for a Major League job and is going to have fun vying for that fifth starter's slot, even if he comes up short when final roster decisions are announced in late March."

Link1

Link2

I've been high on him since the day we drafted him. I can't wait to see him.