What the hell was Ozzie doing, volume 80 billion

whitesoxfan101

I honestly think if after Owens reached on the gift dropped 3rd strike, Ozzie could have called time, went out on the field, told Borowski and Martinez that Owens was running on the 1st pitch, and he'd have STILL stolen 2nd base pretty easily. It's bad enough to give a pitcher as bad as Joe Borowski a free out, but AT LEAST take the easy stolen base off the worst defensive catcher in the game before you do it. That way, the bunt gets Owens to 3rd and Thome's just missed it flyout to right field ties the game. What a concept!! I mean come on, Owens stole 2nd on the first pitch earlier, Pods stole 2nd on the 1st pitch earlier, they both were safe by a mile, AND that was off Jack Westbrook, who has a far, far better pickoff move than Joe Blow. Ozzie should be glad we suck and that the newspaper writers here never ask him a tough question, because that was epic work in the bottom of the 9th last night.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 10:31 AM)
I know I'm gonna get strafed for this but again last night it happened.

Does Thome ever drive people in in the clutch? This is getting old.

I am with you man! His act is getting pretty old. But there is nothing like the solo home run.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 09:31 AM)

If you get strafed, it's the straffers that will look stupid.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)

I haven't seen it much except for the first couple months last year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 03:39 PM)
Frankly I thought that we executed perfectly with the middle of the order coming up. If he got thrown out trying to steal would you have created the thread for Ozzie sending him?

Exactly.

I get sick of all this MMQB s*** around here.

Out of all of them, there might have been about twice that it was legit this season.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 09:40 AM)
Exactly.

I get sick of all this MMQB s*** around here.

Out of all of them, there might have been about twice that it was legit this season.

Have you tried a stronger dose of Midol...? :P

QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 10:46 AM)
Heck...watching that 9th inning yesterday...I'm still having trouble believing that a saw a Sox player get down a successful Sac. bunt.

:lolhitting

LOL, thats true. That wasn't the first time Josh has done that either.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
I am with you man! His act is getting pretty old. But there is nothing like the solo home run.

Thome is second in the AL in OBP and he hits with power. Yeah, his act is getting really old. They need to bring in someone who never gets on base.

I kind of agree with whitesoxfan101 on this one though. I would have had Owens running as well on Martinez. Sox already had two SB on him and IIRC neither throw was close to getting the runner. Plus the fact it was a night where the Sox hitters weren't hitting a 'hittable' pitcher in Westbrook. They only manage two hits all night...if Owens could get 2B. They could have tied the game without a hit. just a couple sac flies and it's a new ball game. I think the odds were in the Sox favor when it came to stealing.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
Thome is second in the AL in OBP and he hits with power. Yeah, his act is getting really old. They need to bring in someone who never gets on base.

What is is OBP with runners in scoring position compared to with no runners on? Can someone help me out with that?

QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 03:57 PM)
I kind of agree with whitesoxfan101 on this one though. I would have had Owens running as well on Martinez. Sox already had two SB on him and IIRC neither throw was close to getting the runner. Plus the fact it was a night where the Sox hitters weren't hitting a 'hittable' pitcher in Westbrook. They only manage two hits all night...if Owens could get 2B. They could have tied the game without a hit. just a couple sac flies and it's a new ball game. I think the odds were in the Sox favor when it came to stealing.

You can guess all night long, but if they pitch out and nail his ass, we would see threads about why "GUILLEN DIDN'T SACRIFICE OMG LOLZ!1!!1!!!".

QUOTE(juddling @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)

And if he'd gotten caught there would have been holy hell to pay.