What the hell was Ozzie doing, volume 80 billion

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(striker62704 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
How about dogging Thome, Kornerko and Pierzynski? They all had a chance to tie the game. All they had to do is get a single off Joe Fing Borowski. This team, even though they tease us with wins, is still full of losers.

This type of thinking is flawed because hitters are challenged by a pitcher trying to prevent them from getting hits, while there is no such obstacle for a manager--he is free to make field decisions as he desires.

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 07:18 PM)
This type of thinking is flawed because hitters are challenged by a pitcher trying to prevent them from getting hits, while there is no such obstacle for a manager--he is free to make field decisions as he desires.

And this type of thinking is flawed because the manager has no control over the players execution of any called action

know I'm gonna get strafed for this but again last night it happened.

Does Thome ever drive people in in the clutch? This is getting old.

I didn't see the game and didn't see the at bat which I assume was a fly out to right field.

But if the shift was on, geez, instead of hitting a deep fly out to right

why not try something different Jim? Like rap a single to left to tie the damn game.

I like Thome and realize he's leading the team in hitting but like somebody said our veterans AGAIN

didn't get the run in.

Thome, Paulie (a walk though was OK) and AJ.

I assume AJ's ground out was to second. Again, heaven forbid AJ or Thome rap a single to left once in a while.

Flame me if his fly out was to left but I'd bet a lot it was to right.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 07:20 PM)
And this type of thinking is flawed because the manager has no control over the players[sic] execution of any called action

Incorrect; posters were criticizing Guillen for his decision to have Fields bunt instead of Owens stealing, NOT for having Owens steal second unsuccessfully.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)
Still wanna defend Ozzie there?

Owens proves he can make the battery of Borowski/Martinez look like the girls from A League of Their Own, but Ozzie hasn't even let him attempt to get into second with nobody out.

It deserved it's own, 2nd thread, and it got it.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 11:26 PM)
Still wanna defend Ozzie there?

Owens proves he can make the battery of Borowski/Martinez look like the girls from A League of Their Own, but Ozzie hasn't even let him attempt to get into second with nobody out.

I can't take this trash anymore, this game should be over. You take the bat out of your hottest hitters' hands, when clearly Owens can steal 2nd. Let Owens run, then have Josh bunt him over, then you have a sac fly, or even a squeeze at the very least. What ever happened to Ozzie having a pair. If only Steve Stone was dumb enough to take a managing job.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 05:04 PM)
Since I can't figure out how to type stuff in the neat code format, I'll just attach a picture.

thome.JPG

If you think those are bad numbers, you are either blind, stupid, or a hater. Which is LV?

Of course he can't be a clutch hitter, look how little the other team is actually pitching to him.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2007 -> 04:42 PM)
But, he and Ozzie are buddies. I liked Rock Raines and when he was replaced by Ozzie for "not doing his job" I thought it was crazy. I must of missed something. What job wasn't he doing?

I don't know what you heard, but Tim left on his own and gave the Sox months of notice. I don't think there were any issues with him and Oz.

Guillen must have some theory that the first pitch is most buntable. Otherwise, why risk successive games with the same bad strategy?

We really need a better bench coach-

I saw Saturday at the Griner bash that they have wireless internet in the clubhouse. Someone get Guillen a laptop please. I'll bench coach from home.