White Sox vs. Indians, 8/09/07 (L)

Brian

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This team and the twins are examples of teams you should pound in, in, and in. We keep going away away and they hit the ball to right like crazy. The gameplan tonight was horses*** from the pitching strategy. And Buerhle is just throwing meatballs up there as well.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
Josh needs about 1000 ground balls hit to him. He doesnt know how to judge hops.

Being at the game yesterday, I noticed that almost every grounder to Josh, he backs up on it. Barely throws guys out sometimes.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
Being at the game yesterday, I noticed that almost every grounder to Josh, he backs up on it. Barely throws guys out sometimes.

The fact that he went through our system without that being fixed says a lot for our minor league instruction.

he needs someone to hit a lot of balls to him, and to teach him to charge the ball. Its fixable, it should of been fixed in the minors, but its fixable.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
When Buerhle uses his cutter and pounds righties in, and then goes away. He owns teams.

When he throws away away away, and then leaves the pitch center cut. The gets wrecked.

That's the risk of signing someone like Buehrle long term. Without overpowering stuff, if his location isn't perfect or close to it, he will get rocked.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
That's the risk of signing someone like Buehrle long term. Without overpowering stuff, if his location isn't perfect or close to it, he will get rocked.

Well he 9 times out of 10, throws the cutter in. And pitches well. But tonight, he left pitches up. His cutter didnt cut, and AJ decided to put a lawn chair up on the outside corner and stay there. Thats when Mark gets rocked.

Yep....Josh is smelling bad tonight.

But none of the big hitters are doing crap either. Id have rather faced Bob Gibson than this no-name fluffer. Typical White Sox...making moderate no-name prospects look like Sandy Koufax.

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
yea seeing fields out there everyday makes me appreciate crede that much more

not saying that fields has been horrible but right now he is no joe, particularly in the field

Crede is clearly a better player at this point than Fields...but this game tonight is something we haven't seen much of from Josh. Kid doesn't look like he has a clue tonight. Other nights, he looks great...he's a rook, it'll happen. But yea, would like to have joe in there...lets not forget to pass some blame to Mark for tossing up meatballs tonight and the top 5 hitters tonight are 0-12, that's not going to get it done. I'd like to see Thome actually do something again, he's been terrible since early in the season.

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 09:04 PM)
yea seeing fields out there everyday makes me appreciate crede that much more

not saying that fields has been horrible but right now he is no joe, particularly in the field

well Josh's back is healthy, he is cheaper, and his agent isnt satan. So guess which one will be at the bag at third for the next 5 years.