Texsox

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying green energy?

• Yes
    • No, not offered
    • No, but offered
    • I don't have a choice, but would
    • I don't have a choice, but wouldn't

As I was making my electric choice, I selected a plan that guaranteed that 100% of my electricity would be generated from wind. I'm paying a slight premium, but I feel it is the correct choice for me. Walk the talk and all that.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
Which part of Texas are you in?

I don't think Illinois offers this. Am I mistaken?

I am in the Rio Grande Valley, about 60 miles from the Gulf and 20 miles from Mexico.

I'm not certain if Illinois does or doesn't. We have dozens of retail energy providers who basically have to buy it from the lines and wires guys and resell. We're at about .15/kwh today.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 07:52 AM)
I have researched this with ComEd (for you Illinois folks). IN 2008, they will start offering an energy choice program, where you can buy your power from alternate sources. I have no more details than that just yet, though.

Last we looked, your evil monopoly was cheaper than Texas open choices. I believe this was when Com Ed was doing some community charity thing that some people objected to.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 09:07 AM)
Last we looked, your evil monopoly was cheaper than Texas open choices. I believe this was when Com Ed was doing some community charity thing that some people objected to.

ComEd's rates were freezed a few years back, that's why they are still low. But they are also now in the process of raising them, and claiming that if the state limits them again, they could go bankrupt (which is pure baloney).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)
ComEd's rates were freezed a few years back, that's why they are still low. But they are also now in the process of raising them, and claiming that if the state limits them again, they could go bankrupt (which is pure baloney).

If I owned a house, I would very much look into buying solar panels if they were affordable enough. Being that I am in an apartment complex, I wouldnt have a choice even if it was available in the area.