Jason Bourgeois

WHITESOXRANDY

I'm becoming intrigued by his performance this year. I've never seen him play but I'm beginning to wonder if this kid could become a good roster filler for the Sox.

It seems to me that he might be in the mold of a Theriot or Fontenot like the cubs have. Must be something about those French names. :P

Anyway, I'd like to know who has seen him play? It appears that he can play 2b, SS and CF. I don't know how good his defense is but he can hit and get on base, has a little pop and can clearly steal bases.

He's young and durable. Could he replace Ozuna ? Is he a good bunter ? I'd love to see him on the Sox for a few games . Anyone think he'll get the chance ?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 09:20 AM)
I'd rather he replaced Cintron, as opposed to Ozuna. But I do think he is a possibility for the team in 2008. I know very little about him. He doesn't appear to have an AAP page yet... maybe you or someone else can create one, so that we can learn more about him.

I'd say he has Willie Harris-type potential. He can play probably three positions (LF, CF, 2B), he runs well, he's a terrific situational hitter.

Here is a piece from MiLB.com on him: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...b&fext=.jsp

Edited by Calderon

QUOTE(Calderon @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 10:00 AM)
I'd say he has Willie Harris-type potential. He can play probably three positions (LF, CF, 2B), he runs well, he's a terrific situational hitter.

Here is a piece from MiLB.com on him: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...b&fext=.jsp

Willie Harris is the GOAT. I'm not sure that comparison works.

:)

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 08:14 AM)
I'm becoming intrigued by his performance this year. I've never seen him play but I'm beginning to wonder if this kid could become a good roster filler for the Sox.

It seems to me that he might be in the mold of a Theriot or Fontenot like the cubs have. Must be something about those French names. :P

Anyway, I'd like to know who has seen him play? It appears that he can play 2b, SS and CF. I don't know how good his defense is but he can hit and get on base, has a little pop and can clearly steal bases.

He's young and durable. Could he replace Ozuna ? Is he a good bunter ? I'd love to see him on the Sox for a few games . Anyone think he'll get the chance ?

Saw him play a lot in B'ham the first two months of the season. Clutch hitter late in games. Three game winning hits in the first month of the season. Fast as hell. Above average defensively at second and third. Very good in the outfield. Short and a little stocky. A slight temper, but not too much. All around good ballplayer.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE(JPN366 @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 01:31 AM)
Saw him play a lot in B'ham the first two months of the season. Clutch hitter late in games. Three game winning hits in the first month of the season. Fast as hell. Above average defensively at second and third. Very good in the outfield. Short and a little stocky. A slight temper, but not too much. All around good ballplayer.

I saw him play 3 times with the Knights and I would agree. I know he was in the Rangers organization and was supose to replace Soriono at some point, but not sure what happened there :huh

508267.jpg

I saw him play 3 times with the Knights and I would agree. I know he was in the Rangers organization and was supose to replace Soriono at some point, but not sure what happened there :huh

508267.jpg

Hey Spence, does Bourgeois bat from the left or right side? The Knights roster and milb.com list him as a right handed hitter, the picture you posted shows otherwise.

Here's Bourgeois' writeup from Baseball America's 2004 prospect handbook, where he was Texas' #8 prospect:

'Bourgeois was among the top hitters in the high class a Cal league when he was promoted to AA. He was sidelined briefly w/ a bruised hand, but that wasn't enough to prevent him from posting career highs in most offensive categories. At 5 foot 9, Bourgeois draws comparisons to athletic sparkplugs such as Ray Durham and Eric Young. He packs surprising sock despite his stature and started finding the gaps more regularly last yr. He turns in consistent AB's and has improved his strike zone judgement. He has the quickness and speed to steal bases w/ a high success rate. Drafted as a SS, Bourgeois made the fulltime switch to 2b last season. He shows good anticipation on grounders and has an average arm, but overall is just a fringe average defender. After a strong Arizona fall league performance, Bourgeois will return to AA to begin 2004. His prfile mirrors Durham's through the same point of development, and Bourgeois has all the intangibles and passion to continue on the same path.'