WHITE SOX WINNER

Heads22

He might not be throwing 100, but Bobby is becoming a more complete closer. If he ever gets his triple digits again, it just wont be fair to the hitters.

Just have yourself a day Josh Fields. Nice job Kid.

Nice job Vazquez.

And nice job Pen overall.

the thing i like about bukvich is he's a big man with a fear factor for those batters to think about. he can throw a solid fastball in the low 90's consistnetly, so why not? Thornton and MacDougal are too talented to leave out of the pen. So there's 4 guys with the perenial All Star Bobby Jenks. Believe it or not, I like this Wasserman kid. He's earned his stripes the right way, from the bottom up. So that's 5 and hopefully, KW makes a nice dip in the free agent pool to bring us a proven reliever.

Fields is a MONSTER. he's obviously too good to not be playing every day next year. If Pods wants to be a 4th OF, so be it. Fields in Left with Crede at 3B would be ridONKulous.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
the thing i like about bukvich is he's a big man with a fear factor for those batters to think about. he can throw a solid fastball in the low 90's consistnetly, so why not? Thornton and MacDougal are too talented to leave out of the pen. So there's 4 guys with the perenial All Star Bobby Jenks. Believe it or not, I like this Wasserman kid. He's earned his stripes the right way, from the bottom up. So that's 5 and hopefully, KW makes a nice dip in the free agent pool to bring us a proven reliever.

Like who? Just curious who you're thinking about.

RELIEF PITCHERS:

1.) Scott Linebrink 31

----------

2.) Joe Kennedy 29

3.) Joe Beimel 31

4.) Jorge Julio 29

5.) Aaron Fultz 33 '08 TO worth $1.5M or $150K BO

6.) David Riske 31 '08 TO

7.) Byung-Hyun Kim 29

8.) Joel Piniero 29 '08 MO

9.) Trever Miller 35

10.) Luis Vizcaino 33

11.) Joe Borowski 37 '08 TO worth $4M or $250K BO

12.) LaTroy Hawkins 35 '08 MO worth $3.75M or $250K BO

13.) Julian Tavarez 35 [bORAS CLIENT]

14.) Rob. Hernandez 43 '08 TO worth $3.7M or $200K BO

15.) Scott Williamson 32

16.) Mike Myers 37

17.) Ryan Franklin 35

18.) Octavio Dotel 34

19.) Ron Mahay 36

20.) Kerry Wood 31

21.) Jon Lieber 38

22.) Elmer Dessens 37

23.) Chris Reitsma 30 '08 TO worth $2.7M or $700K

24.) Eddie Guardado 37 '08 TO worth $3M

25.) Daren Oliver 37 '08 TO worth $2M or $250K BO

OTHERS: Alfonseca, Carrasco, DeJean, Mesa, Timlin, Witasik, King, Romero, Villone

QUOTE(max power @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 08:26 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing david riske back here.

I would much rather see some mix of Aardsma, Masset, Haeger, or something like that. Quite a bit more talent in those guys than in Riske, just need to develop them. And quite a bit cheaper.

And...imagine if Riske goes Type A again this year like he did last year, and somehow we wind up with the 16th pick because of a few more down-the-stretch wins. Would you give up the 16th pick in the draft for Riske? I sure wouldn't.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
And...imagine if Riske goes Type A again this year like he did last year, and somehow we wind up with the 16th pick because of a few more down-the-stretch wins. Would you give up the 16th pick in the draft for Riske? I sure wouldn't.

No, I definitely wouldn't.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 01:10 PM)
I miss that puke button, but somehow he's getting people out so maybe I'll warm up even though he is teh sucky.

It might be a fluke considering his history, but anyone who has a 3.16 ERA in our pen probably deserves a place in this bullpen considering how bad it's been this season.

Still with a WHIP of 1.48 and a BAA of .265, I doubt it's sustainable, especially when he doesn't K a lot of hitters either.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
I look at the Mariners and think: Smoke & Mirrors. Outside of Ichiro, I can't even find one above average player. Maybe Jose Guillen? Even King Felix hasn't been all that good (1.40 WHIP).

:huh: Beltre, Vidro, Bloomquist, and like you said Guillen are all putting up solid numbers. Then even Johjima and a few others still have high averages with bleh OBP.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
I look at the Mariners and think: Smoke & Mirrors. Outside of Ichiro, I can't even find one above average player. Maybe Jose Guillen? Even King Felix hasn't been all that good (1.40 WHIP).

Hernandez' ERA is 3.97, if you don't think he's having a good year then I can't imagine what you think of Garland. JJ Putz is probably the best closer in the game right now, Sherrill has been the best setup man in the AL this side of Okajima and the rest of the pen has been stout. On the offensive side I'd certainly call Adrian Beltre's .813 OPS above average especially when you factor in his outstanding defense, Yuniesky Betancourt has been close to league average offensively while playing quite possibly the best defense at short in the game, Johjima is one of the best offensive catchers you're going to find and Jose Guillen has been damn good this year.

It's a pretty talented roster that plays some outstanding defense, has a great bullpen and gets some good, timely hitting.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 11:17 PM)
:huh: Beltre, Vidro, Bloomquist, and like you said Guillen are all putting up solid numbers. Then even Johjima and a few others still have high averages with bleh OBP.

Only 3 guys have OPS numbers over .800, and it's not by much. Ichiro (.830), Beltre (.814), and Guillen (.814). That's really the mark for good hitters in my eyes.

By comparison, Cleveland has 5, Detroit 5, NYY 6, Boston 5. And these teams all have multiple players way above the .800 mark (and not to mention starting pitchers that are much better than the Mariner SPs). I just don't get how Seattle is getting all these wins because they are clearly inferior to the other contenders in individual statistics.

Really fun game to watch. I can't decide what the hell I want us to do about Dye this winter, but damn you beast Josh Fields. Also, 2nd straight 7 inning, 3 run outing for Javy. The importance of that is both outings were against very good teams, and Javy didn't have his best stuff in either outing, yet pitched good games both times. That is a great sign, if he can keep finding ways to get outs when he stuff ISN'T there, he's a solid #3, if not borderline #2 starter.