Now that's an expensive beer!

FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 03:12 PM)
Lord, I thought Yuenglings were over priced....

could that beer ACTUALLY taste any good?

That would be a half-million dollar question at the moment. But, no, after 150 years even a high-strength beer is going to be a bit past it's prime.

Hey, wait. . . somebody check the freshness date on the bottle!

I'm not sure I buy the seller's contention that this is the oldest known sealed bottle of beer in the world. Oldest industrial age commercial beer, perhaps, but Egyptologists have turned up sealed (not particularly well inmany cases) earthenware pots of beer that are thousands of years old.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
That would be a half-million dollar question at the moment. But, no, after 150 years even a high-strength beer is going to be a bit past it's prime.

Hey, wait. . . somebody check the freshness date on the bottle!

I'm not sure I buy the seller's contention that this is the oldest known sealed bottle of beer in the world. Oldest industrial age commercial beer, perhaps, but Egyptologists have turned up sealed (not particularly well inmany cases) earthenware pots of beer that are thousands of years old.

I would guess it's the quickest drink to puke ratio you could find, though....

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 08:46 AM)
I wonder if the $503,000 winning bid is legit. Would you rather have Bonds Homerun ball or this bottle for 1/2 a mil?

I dunno. I think Id rather buy a house and invest to set myself up for the rest of my life...

On second thought, Id like the beer.