SouthSide Baseball Report DOUBLE FEATURE

Heads22

Two, count 'em two new episodes (though one is old cause Jason forgot to upload it.)

http://www.soxtalk.com/podcasts/august5.mp3

This is the podcast reflecting upon the trade deadline where Gage/Scalise break down the lack of moves made by the Sox on July31st and what the fans should look towards for the remainder of the season.

http://www.soxtalk.com/podcasts/8-11-07.mp3

I step behind the mic in place of Mario and Jason and I talk baseball with the Sox before covering the minor leagues and turning the show into an absolute trainwreck.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
Two, count 'em two new episodes (though one is old cause Jason forgot to upload it.)

http://www.soxtalk.com/podcasts/august5.mp3

This is the podcast reflecting upon the trade deadline where Gage/Scalise break down the lack of moves made by the Sox on July31st and what the fans should look towards for the remainder of the season.

http://www.soxtalk.com/podcasts/8-11-07.mp3

I step behind the mic in place of Mario and Jason and I talk baseball with the Sox before covering the minor leagues and turning the show into an absolute trainwreck.

I can imagine. :D

Will check these both out tonight.

OK. I lied.

Listened to the first show, enjoyed it. I was hoping Jason would mention my message but he didn't.

I liked the draft debate. I love how Jas at one point was like "you just don't understand how the draft works". Mario made a good point and Jas blew it off.

Keep it up guys.

Listening to the first show. That’s quite impressive that you had to do the whole show over the phone.

It is pretty disappointing that we didn’t make any moves.

I’m totally not against keeping Dye, but I don’t want to sign him to four years. I do agree that if we do lock him up again, there has to be a plan to move PK or Thome very soon after.

I kind of like the point of saving some money and putting it into the draft, because we do handcuff ourselves a bit by not signing the most talented players by trying to save a couple bucks. However, as Mario points out, it’s still a bit of a crapshoot. I also do like the idea of having better scouts and coaches to develop the players we draft.

Great debate between the two of you.

On to show numero dos…

Booo Heads.

Though Pods is only 31, he just scares me too much to trust him with anyone. His strength is his speed, and he still has that when he’s healthy. However, he’s slowly turning into a body of glass, and I don’t want to have anything to do with that. And I’m the furthest thing from a Pods hater on this site.

I agree about the idea of having Crede back at 3B, if we can get him back healthy. I like the idea of moving Fields somewhere else in the field, and trying to plug up another hole. As Alex said, it has nothing to do with Crede being better than Fields or vice versa, it’s just that we’d be better off having both of them on the field, if at all possible.

And Jenks has been nothing but fantabulous this year.

If Count dies, we know why…:glares at Heads:

As I said in the previous post, I have no problem giving Dye three years, but nothing more. I also want to see what Sweeney can do, hopefully he gets that chance next season, if we don’t fill our OF outside of the organization.

I’m ready to give up on Uribe also. I love his glove, but his bat is beyond unbearable at this point.

I’m glad Heads brought up Gage’s thoughts on Erstad. He touched on it in the last show that Erstad was falling out of favor with him. However, we never got to hear his thoughts on that.

I know not everyone loves him, but I love DJ. I haven’t gotten to experience the greatness of Stone; however, I know I’d love it. He’s always a great listen for games.

Now that’s a bold statement, to say Egbert will be in the rotation next year. It’d be interesting to see something like that; it’d definitely surprise a lot of Sox fans.

LMAO, about Gage and the articles on FS.

Bruce Bowen shout out.

That singing was incredible Gage, and the random listing of players was quite comedic as well.

Ahahahaha, GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL. What an ending.

And thanks for the shoutout. :lol: