Karl Rove to resign

kapkomet

I'm sure this is a "shallow" victory to you Democrats out there.

I've already seen one blog that said the only reason this is happening is for him to avoid some sort of trial. OH THE CONSPIRACY! OH OH OHHHHH...

He's gone. Now let it go.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 07:30 AM)
I'm sure this is a "shallow" victory to you Democrats out there.

I've already seen one blog that said the only reason this is happening is for him to avoid some sort of trial. OH THE CONSPIRACY! OH OH OHHHHH...

You're the one ranting and raving so I'm not sure who you're telling to "let it go". ;)

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 07:36 AM)
You're the one ranting and raving so I'm not sure who you're telling to "let it go". ;)

Oh you may be quiet about it, at least here, since Kap has already predicted the joyous rapture to ensue, but elsewhere, the conspiricies abound! A quick look at Dailkos has just about every theory you can imagine in just the first 50 posts. 'grab his passport, he's leaving the country', 'what news story are they trying to cover up with THIS annoucnement', 'Conyers was about to nail him so time for him to get far away', 'only Repubs leave a sinking ship like rats, Dems stay to the end and fulfil their civic duty' , 'Here's an old diary about Karl's finances. The fact that this guy accepted a $161k salary in his prime (consultant) earning years was always curious to me', 'look out, he will soon be running the campaign', and on and on and on it goes. The liberal blogs will be busy today!

Edited by Alpha Dog

Eh, I don't think its a conspiracy, as much as its a typical DC giveaway. Its a small, sort of weak appeasement to Congress, and even the GOP faithful. And there may be more reasons for it under the hood of course, which may have pushed the deal. In any case, since Rove's biggest roles were getting Bush elected and helping him express a domestic policy... he's not really much use at this point anyway. Might as well send him home.

Master tactician whose job placed him on the bleeding edge of those tactics. Like him or hate him, candidates on both sides of the aisle will be emulating some of his ideas for years to come. It sickens me whenever high profile political figures leave under these terms. It erodes the public trust and hurts us all, whether or not he plays for your team.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 08:30 AM)

That certainly would be convenient for Karl and for the White House, yes. 'You don't need to worry about those RNC emails now, Karl's gone.'

Short of any conspiracy theorizing, this really does seem more like Friday afternoon BushCo fare and not the way to begin the week. I wonder what the rest of the week will bring.

Rove, like all of Bush's cronies, is a pretty lousy individual and supreme liar and nobody can take that away from the administration, as they are worse than even the usual politicians in that regard. HOWEVER, the man got a complete idiot into the highest office in the land not once, but TWICE, so to say Karl Rove is anything short of brilliant in that regard would be inaccurate.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
Rove, like all of Bush's cronies, is a pretty lousy individual and supreme liar and nobody can take that away from the administration, as they are worse than even the usual politicians in that regard. HOWEVER, the man got a complete idiot into the highest office in the land not once, but TWICE, so to say Karl Rove is anything short of brilliant in that regard would be inaccurate.

Karl Rove = Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
Karl Rove = Ozzie Guillen.

Karl Rove = Overrated.

I don't agree that he is/was a genius. He played a big part of shaping the country's discourse after 9/11, when Bush had an unheard of 91% approval rating. Bush is now at 28%. What a disaster this administration has become.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 10:05 AM)
Karl Rove = Overrated.

I don't agree that he is/was a genius. He played a big part of shaping the country's discourse after 9/11, when Bush had an unheard of 91% approval rating. Bush is now at 28%. What a disaster this administration has become.

and who is responsible for congresses approval rating?

I found this to be quite a funny user comment from the Trib:

Rove said the first thing he plans to do after leaving the White House is "go dove hunting in West Texas with family and friends, then drive my wife and the dogs to the beach."

Going dove hunting - the perfect image for this administration, blasting a symbol of peace out of the air with a shotgun.

I'm certainly not a big fan of the guy...but you have to admit this...whatever he is asked to do, he gets it done. May not like they way he does it, but he does it, you betcha!

He has changed the face of American Politics. I think, for the worse, but we'll see.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 08:07 AM)
and who is responsible for congresses approval rating?

The fact that the Dems caved completely on the Iraq war funding and gave Bush what he wanted. Congress's approval was quite a bit higher before that. Anyone who supports Bush's war in this government is seeing their ratings go through the floor.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
The fact that the Dems caved completely on the Iraq war funding and gave Bush what he wanted. Congress's approval was quite a bit higher before that. Anyone who supports Bush's war in this government is seeing their ratings go through the floor.

Because a MANDATE was sent in November of 2006 to STOP THIS WAR...

Oh, the irony...

Rove hasn't changed s*** in politics. He's Lee Atwater without sex appeal. He's a loser, too. They should've lost 2000 and in fact lost the popular vote. 2004 can be attributed more to John Kerry than Karl Rove. 2006 was a disaster. He's very overrated. He should have a .500 winning percentage, not more, and if we look at it in objective political consultant standards, he's not particularly good.

What he has changed -- or deepended, since Clinton did it a bit though nowhere near like Rove -- is the politicization of public policy. Everything's got his fingerprints on it, and that's wrong. (Paul O'Neill; Faith-Based Guy who called them the Mayberry Machiavellis.)